OT Syria gas attack was faked up.

I'm not going to read this, as I know somebody who went there and told me it was hard not to believe that it happened. He spared me the gory details. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

That's it. You bury your head in the sand.

Reply to
harry

I thought at the time the Assad regime was "set up". The west has history in believing reports that suit their proposed action. Even IS was armed by the West, albeit indirectly.

You only have to look in Libya how two opposing factions are supplied by the West. We seem to forget that much of the refugee crisis is out of deposing, or attempting to depose leaders in the Middle East.

The immigration figures are now dominated by refugees fleeing these areas rather than EU immigration.

Reply to
Fredxx

No harry, its because we never follow any of the links you post.

Reply to
John Rumm

Which would help if no one reply to a URL they hadn't read.

Reply to
Fredxx

Given that Brian has had a first hand report from somebody he knows, I don't see that he needs to view one of Harry's links to disbelieve what is expressed in the subject line. It is hardly as if Harry normally posts credible stories.

Reply to
nightjar

Well you've missed interesting stuff.

Reply to
harry

I have been there myself.

Reply to
harry

Here's another link on the same theme shit-fer-brains

And another.

harry

Yes, I heard similar eye-witness accounts that it was Iranian backed personnel who downed the plane at Lockerbie.

Many are too myopic to think of the bigger picture of why we are told these stories, which is why I keep an open mind.

Sometimes stories are very convenient.

If Brian knows of a Syrian official who released this gas under the command of Assad then he should name the individual. If not he really should keep quiet.

Reply to
Fredxx

In the immediate aftermath of the attack?

Reply to
nightjar

Which tell us that not all the experts agreed and those who were overruled were disgruntled about it. I would be rather more suspicious of the report if the experts, in what is a very difficult area to determine accurately, had been unanimous.

Reply to
nightjar

Only to you I suspect. Use some thicker foil for the next hat.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Then he is a lying toad.

Reply to
harry

More drivel. It tells us the experts said there was no convincing evidence of the attack but someone else doctored the report.

Reply to
harry

If you read it properly, it tells us that the experts did not disagree that there had been a gas attack. However, there was a minority view that the gas containers did not appear to have been dropped from an aircraft. What it does not tell us is why that minority view is more credible to anybody other than a conspiracy theorist than the main report, which was drawn up using a lot more information than just that minority report.

Reply to
nightjar

This is just one of over 80 reported incidents of gas attacks in Syria. Common sense tells me that there is no reason why this one would be any different from any of the others. Some of those, using Sarin gas, have been confirmed, from unique chemical signatures, as being gas from Syrian Army stocks. Chlorine gas does not carry such a unique chemical signature. ISIS has been accused of using mustard gas, but not chlorine.

Reply to
nightjar

I have never had any reason to doubt anything he has posted in the past, whereas you have a long history of posting dubious sources.

Reply to
nightjar

Rod Speed snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted

What result, JOOI? Weren't they trying to overthrow Bashar Al-Assad, in which they seem to have failed dismally? What about the fact that much of Syria's urban estate had been destroyed, and two-thirds of the population now lives in extreme poverty with unemployment at 50 percent, is that a decent result too?

Reply to
The Marquis Saint Evremonde