Murphy attack

You know how the condensate pump has a 2nd set of contacts.. ones to shut down the compressor if the pump is not keeping up?

Well I came home to find the basement wet again...and this time it was not a rainstorm...

See... Those other contacts do no good at all when the float arm has rusted off the the float. Since I did not have a CentriFlo PAB-1X float assembly, I sealed up a pill bottle and used a hose clamp...

My only question... Since we here in DC have Turtle's weather all week; what is he doing for misery?

Reply to
David Lesher

You could have Turtle come and replace that pump. How is that for misery?

Reply to
oløenneker

He left the trade and now teaches English at Georgia State University....

Respectfully, Bob

Reply to
Bob_Loblaw

I don't understand why the furnace installer has to use a pump, when there is a perfectly good sewer drain right close to the furnace. If mine ever goes bad, I think I'll do that.

greg

Reply to
zekor

By the way, these furnace pumps damage the material in those old cement like laundry tubs. The fluid is coorosive.

greg

Reply to
zekor

It would be nice to hear from him. I've been worried. After he had a fall, and spent some time in the hospital, had anyone heard from him?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wish the drain was nearby, but not for that reason....in reality; it's on the diagonally opposite corner of the basement.

Local code here requires dumping condensate outside so the sewage system does not have to treat even more water...

It looks like Milton Roy no longer makes PAB-1X pumps, not that I really thought they would....

Reply to
David Lesher

ROTFLMFAO!

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

I heard he was in California, cleaning a chimney, when an earthquake hit. He came down with the flue.

Reply to
~^Johnny^~

I prefer bud, wiserguy.

Reply to