OT: Swiftqueue Covid vaccination bookings

Swiftqueue seem to have sprung up from nowhere to be a major player in the Covid vaccine roll-out without and public information campaign from the Government and/or NHS.

I've come across a few people who treated the invitations from Swiftqueue with suspicion and one who rigidly awaited the "official" invitation from the NHS, despite it meaning they had to travel to get jabbed. It seems to have been left to the local NHS and authorities to confirm there is an association.

Even the BBC (ok, no longer a good definitive source) make no mention on their When will I get the vaccine" article at :

Today I've tried to find out more about Swiftqueue and there's not a lot - not even a Wiki, just a bit on their own site.

Surely with the desire to encourage take-up then people should be rushing to Swiftqueue and not be being suspicious of it and ignoring it.

Have I missed something?

Reply to
AnthonyL

They get a mention on your local CCG website ...

Andy Burns

A lot of pharmacy chains have leapt in a similar fashion and the publicity has simply not caught up, this is worrying as if these commercial companies do have access to your records, what else might they use them for later on? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa