OT: Super Freeze button

Just fit tamper proof ones. And then explain to her why you don't trust her.

Reply to
dennis

No, that's doorbells not light switches!!

Reply to
Graham.

My youngest lost all the locking pins and then chopped the end off the pin that pushed the valve shut. He had to pay for a new theremostat.

Reply to
<me9

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012, "SteveW" writ:

In my experience it simply overrides the thermostat for a period of time which, by leaving the compressor running continuously, lowers the temperature of the cabinet. Some units have a timer and others don't. My chest freezer will run until switched off and has reached -35C in the past when I forgot to turn it off.

Reply to
Percy

If you're using something more complex than a simple on/off thermostat it w= ill probably reduce the heat input before the set point is reached to reduc= e overshoot, so there will be a slight speeding up at the expense of larger= overshoot. Your control engineers may have been thinking of that - or, of = course, they may not have been thinking at all. It's the same with lifts, isn't it - everyone *knows* it'll come quicker if= you keep on pressing the button...

Reply to
docholliday93

I got mine in 1999 and it was not an expensive one.

I do not do expensive on white goods. THB most of mine are second hand.

Reply to
ARW

you keep on pressing the button...

The occasional one takes many pushes = many people waiting, and adds priority. Or so I've heard...

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

you keep on pressing the button...

Naah. Those buttons are just to give you something to do until the lift arrives.

Reply to
Huge

That's about how cold our coldest winter days get here. I've considered just keeping the freezer food outdoors in winter and turning the freezer off to save energy, but then the bears would get it :-)

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

probably reduce the heat input before the set point is reached to reduce overshoot, so there will be a slight speeding up at the expense of larger overshoot. Your control engineers may have been thinking of that - or, of course, they may not have been thinking at all..

I had a protracted dialogue with site services because of problems with the aircon system - they were eventually convinced that having no user controls wasn't working. There seems to be little understanding that you need accurate control, but quite a large band between heating and cooling.

So, they gave us a small control panel, which showed us the state of the three heating stages. Even when all three were on, especially on a cold Monday morning, there were those who insisted on winding up the setting.

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

No, that's what the mirrors are for. Seriously... put a mirror in the lift, and your average scrote picks his spots instead of writing on the walls!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I'd love to do that too. There was a commercially available one mentioned here some time ago but when I looked into it, you could only control one zone remotely, which seemed rather pointless.

Reply to
Fred