Have the aliens landed?

Pictures tell a thousand stories.

in search of a I-Bling 5.

Well he's out of luck..

Answers on a postcard to here!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

thats quite a long example, the ones we see quite often only have about a dozen legs down each side.

Yours looks to be a

think your keyboard could do with a clean as well, no wonder it's developing life forms... B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Noonut I seen a centipede afore, arrr,

I'll tell SWMBO..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good grief, didn't you look under stones or disturb piles of stuff when building dens in the woods as a lad?

Even though that's quite a long example it's tiddly compared to the one as saw on wooded path in Malaysia. That one was about and inch across the legs and over 6" long, I took a photo but otherwise kept clear. Summat that size could give quite a bite and many are venomous...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It's a millipede, I've thousands of the bastards in my garden

Reply to
Phil L

No it's not it's a centipede. Millipedes have a different body structure and legs more underneath.

Dave Liquorice

Oddly enough if you count the legs it seems to have exactly 100!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I thought the WP article said they always had an odd number of pairs of legs?

Reply to
Andy Burns

maybe it was 98.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

My memory says to me the difference is that centipedes have two legs per segment, and millipedes have 4.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I think I found that as well somewhere.