OT: Stupid Aldi

+3 in AUS.
Reply to
F Murtz

Well the cat turns it's nose up at better known catfoods than the Aldi brand and stuff like Diet Coke is still Diet Coke no matter who sells it. Aldi just sell it cheaper.

Reply to
ARW

Plus 12 ---------about the Diet Coke and things. Dunno and don't want to know about the cat.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

You should note that diet coke in some countries contains sugar. Important to check if you are diabetic. It is probably true of diet pepsi too.

Reply to
dennis

You are introducing stuff that does not happen in Aldi or most supermarkets Diet cola Diet coke Diet pepsi etc will never have sugar,maybe unless you live in the weird Country that does if in fact those name companies allow it.

Reply to
F Murtz

How do you think I know that they sometimes have sugar in them? No I don't live in a weird country, well not if you count the UK.

Answer, someone imported diet coke from somewhere and was selling it and it had sugar in it. It was listed on the ingredients and it was a legal licensed product in the country it was made for. You just can't assume diet stuff will never have sugar.

Reply to
dennis

Or was it. I understand that "Coke" was for sale in Cuba - licensed by the Cuban Government - not by CocaCola.

Reply to
Charles Hope

In denworld anything is possible.

Reply to
ARW

And if its from a mixer dispenser in a pub or fast food outlet it may not even be the diet variety.

Reply to
alan_m

It's easy enought to tell when you taste it.

Reply to
ARW

Shouldn't you know before you taste or even buy it. But I rarely have a cola of any sort now and the ads do imply that you won't lose any flavour if you buy the diet version of most products. In blind tests I dont; think the majoroty canm tell the difernce between diet versions and the 'original' or the new sugar free ot the reduced sugar or the sugar supstituted.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I can't stand the taste of cola, so I never have to worry about this.

Reply to
Davey

If only his father had.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Well you should get what you have paid for.

And adverts always tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

I can tell the difference between the different Diet Cokes - they use a different formula in some countries. However non of them use sugar.

Reply to
ARW

Reply to
stuart noble

Not in diet coke.

Reply to
ARW

Yep, should being the important point. You'd have thought that if you brough something called coca-cola that you might be able to taste the cola or more corectly the kola nut but it doesn't. Not that it has to be a bad thing perhaps.

I thought that was the idea behind the advertising standards. Which is why I have no idea whether diet cola conatains sugar or just a sug ar substitute and whether or not teh substitute behaves like sugar in the b ody and if it does what's the point in substituting one for the other. But as I rarely drink either now I haven't kept up with what they put in an y of teh versions.

Well I can tell they taste difernt but not sure if all those availbe includ ing own brand which do have differnt ingredients I couldl identify which wa s which. As for none of them use sugar that's a lie. They use cane sugar that's where they get the sucrose from. Of course maybe the advertising caused this confusion, but then that's the aim of advertising for a lot of products.

The primary ingredients of Coca-Cola syrup include either high fructose cor n syrup or sucrose derived from cane sugar, caramel color, caffeine, phosph oric acid, coca extract, lime extract, vanilla, and glycerin.[citation need ed] High fructose corn syrup or sucrose are overwhelmingly the major added ingredients: one 600 ml bottle (?20.29 U.S. fl. oz.) of Coca Cola c ontains the approximate equivalent of 15 teaspoons of sugar.[1] However, co ntrary to what is implied by the "cola" name, Coca-Cola syrup does not cont ain any kola nut extract.[2] Since no kola extracts are present in the reci pe, the primary taste of Coca-Cola comes from vanilla and cinnamon with tra ce amounts of orange, lime and lemon and spices such as nutmeg.[3]

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sailing close to a Godwin. :OP

Reply to
soup

Have you never heard of the pill?

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265

You can hire one here:

-- =

A man was sunbathing naked at the beach. For the sake of decency and civility, and to keep it from getting sunbur= nt, he had a hat over his private parts. A woman walks past and says, snickering, "If you were a gentleman you'd = lift your hat." He raised an eyebrow and replied, "If you were better looking it would l= ift itself."

Reply to
Tough Guy no. 1265