OT sods law

I hadn't set foot outside the home for 10 days and hadn't received many the items that I've ordered on-line.

Yesterday I went out to get some food and wasn't out of the house for more than 30 minutes. On returning and opening my front door two "I'm sorry I missed you cards" on the door mat. Luckily both say that delivery will be attempted again today.

Reply to
alan_m

I think its a game they play. I have been in sometimes and found a hand written card which I cannot read in my letter box. I get the impression, if they are running late they just put a card through and never ring the bell at all. Unfortunately my issue is that since these are hand written the only thing that can read them is a human being. In this world of portable automation, I'd have thought a mini printer could actually fill these out far better than a driver who writes like a doctor. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

This usually happens to me when I am in the kitchen with either the kettle on or the microwave.....they both make a huge amount of noise when running, so I miss hearing the doorbell.

Reply to
John

On Wednesday I was expecting a delivery via DHL :-( . Supposed to get a

4-hr. slot texted - nothing. Turned up at 17:30h, so most of day wasted. Now another via DHL on Monday, except that it seems to be today (e-mail a bit ambiguous but Tracking says it's out for delivery. Time is 12:06 - 16:06h (DPD does a 1-hr. slot) and I've managed to get my number into DHL's site. Might still be here on Monday, thobut.
Reply to
PeterC

I had a variation on the contactless delivery this week.

Delivery via Yodel (not my choice). Got email to say it was coming that day, with a link to 'track my delivery'.

The link took me to a page which said it was 'out for delivery', with a map. All the map showed was a green blob indicationg my own address!

I waited in (of course). Then I got an email saying it had been delivered. I went to the window, and there was a box, on my doorstep. Front garden is open, and 2 metres deep. Anyone could have nicked it. No idea how long iot had been there.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I was expecting him to say something like - 'chucked something in thr recycling bin and found all the items that I had ordered, therein'

Reply to
Andrew

If yodel deliver it, you will need to check the garages of all the houses around you, since that seems to be their preferred method of delivering when the proper owner is out.

Reply to
Andrew