OT scare stories

Do they have to use different powders to get rid of the shine?

Reply to
dennis

they got that job NOT through ability and their performance is therefore suspect.

Look up Craig Murray, see what the educated classes think of gardner, part of the non British BBC.

Reply to
Anonymous

It isn't about being British. Most of the blacks on the telly are British. It's about the BBC making out there are more of them than they really are by selecting presenters and interviewees by the colour of their skin, which is a form of racism.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It was just a lilly-livered way of calling me an ignoramus.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

No, they make me laugh these people who can't formulate an argument so they say 'Go and read some books', as if that proved they were right. It's a sort of 'appeal to authority' argument without even having the nous to quote the authority. Lazy lazy lazy.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

We already are, if you consider 4% to be 'overrun' (and I'm sure we should as *apparently* it counts as 'the will of the people'). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No pammy dear. It is *exactly* a form of *unacceptable* racism.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If you have two equally qualified candidates, one black & one white, if you give the job to the white person, the other is likely to claim "racial prejudice". Similar problems exist with male & female candidates.

Reply to
charles

How on earth did you get a job then harry?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's just a nice simple way of seperating people into easy to understand groups we can do the same with male & female, fat and thing attractive or ugly. I blame mathematicians/staitisitians for putting people in those 'sets' and drawing circles around them.

Reply to
whisky-dave

A book is an argument in many cases and since a book takes mnonths to write, telling you to resad it is a valid way of not spending several months tryuing to teach you what you dont want to learn.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I speak for many who aren't taken in my media propaganda. Thinking for yourself can be lonely to start with then others join you.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You seem incapable of understanding that my complaint is not about race, colour, culture, or where people come from. It is purely about this current craze the broadcasters have for using a disproportionate number of black/coloured people. My objection to this is not because I dislike people based on their race, colour, culture, or where them come from, it is because I dislike being treated as a child by the broadcasters; having their world view and their prejudices foisted upon me every time I turn the telly on.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

It would seem only a certain type of person uses ASDA and Walmart.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It could be many don't care if they do a decent enough job?

But then the average little Englander complains when they hear a Scots etc accent on TV.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yet you seek to enforce your prejudices on everyone here with these OT posts. Regularly.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

*applause*

Instesad of 'this is how we think and behave, the advantages of it and you may copy if you like' ist always this is how YOU OUGHT to behave, (but not us) and you are beyond te pale if you do not.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It seeked to explore the subject and help understanding of it?

Care to speculate on the percentage of broadcast hours in say a year that is devoted to this subject? ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I didn't mention books. But a book can feature.

Description is fine, but can land you with just one point of view (as you've found). You can describe what you see very well. But you should take time to appreciate that it's a jaundiced sample - I don't think you appreciate that. But at least you have an opinion - problem being, it's biased.

Now, read something reasonably authoritative (NOT the Mail, Express, etc) that challenges your opinion. And that doesn't include telling us that you have a Whitney Houston record, or whatever. Then compare what you've read to what you you thought previously. Analysis.

Still of the same opinion? OK. But at least it's rounded and informs your argument when you present your position again. Critique.

Reply to
RJH

Nope.

Reply to