3d printer problem.

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove a print.

Reply to
dennis

US Court now saying you can't even download the plans to print a gun. Whatever next for the nanny state :-)

Reply to
Scott

Only printed PLA (so far) so have no idea. Do you use a heated bed with ABS as PLA falls off once the heated bed has cooled down?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Blue painters' tape seems popular ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun? I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually understand the online world at all?

I'd have thought the original quivery might be that before a print a thin film of grease might be applied to the glass, perhaps? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I thought the recommendation was to put a thin layer of tape onto the bed if you were going to print something inclined to stick to the bed too vigorously. The last thing you want is the job sliding around on the bed as it prints you end up with unholy modern art that way!

Reply to
Martin Brown

We've always used Kapton Tape for such things. although this might not be the exact one we tend to get it from our pereferred suppliers.

The last thing you want is the job sliding around on the

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'd not heard of anything sticking to the bed 'too vigorously' but the normal problem was making it stick in the first place (in a removable way, and hence heated beds, spray glue, PVA, tape etc)?

That said, I've only printed PLA (so far ...)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m