OT scare stories

Now we know how you got your job. It certainly wasn't being able to think.

Reply to
dennis

This one has always puzzled me. Is black a colour? Is white a colour? Are 'white' people white? Is 'flesh tone' a colour?

If there is an objection to the term 'coloured people', how is 'people of colour' any better?

Reply to
Scott

are you talking to me or Bill?

Reply to
John Rumm

that you are looking in a mirror?

Reply to
John Rumm

If you used a proper newsreader, you could have posted your reply in the original thread where it belongs.

Reply to
Andrew

It's in the original thread here (using Agent). Perhaps you are the one who needs to use a proper newsreader?

Reply to
Scott

Females too?

Reply to
Pamela

Disgraceful having all those black faces on telly. Makes the lighting more tricky.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Your newsreader must be matching Subject rather than using the References header (absent in the revived post).

Reply to
Max Demian

First let me say that I don't give a stuff about the colour/race/sex/religion/sexuality/... a person may be, there are good/bad/boring/interesting/dull/ people in every category. What gets my goat is the desire to label, to be PC, to positively discriminate, and to promote some lifestyles as being equally valid to others. This week there was a programme on R4 at prime(ish) time that appeared to promote transexuality for mid-teens. Harrumph! I despair that we can't all just live together, being whatever we are, and getting on with life.

[I feel much better for that - Doctor? I'll take my pills now ;-) ]
Reply to
nothanks

That'd be Bill - it was his comment. Don't expect there'll be much of change of heart/mind ;-)

Reply to
RJH

So, Harry, your warped brain would include the BBC's Frank Gardner in that sentence?

Reply to
Terry Casey

yes I noticed this in ASDA, they do seem to attract certain type many of their waistelines are much larger than the trollies they are pushing too, and then donlt seem to have much in the avoidence measures they just push past each other. I notice a similar thing outside gregs too. In the USA walmart seems to attrack a certain person or type of person too.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Seems so.

But anecdotally and technically (+ve discrimination is legal in very confined circumstances), Harry (and maybe Bill) couldn't be more wrong.

Reply to
RJH

Which false image is that then ? The one where mo farah won some medels in 2012 ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Forgot to say if you want a 'false' image don't look at the Rapid electroics site featuring our winning group from the design & build competition this year.

whisky-dave

What I have posted is based on your many diatribes about prejudice, racism and diversity so perhaps it is you that needs to watch themselves as you portray yourself very badly on usenet.

Y'see, another example - I often see adverts with couples of the same colour/race but you only see what you don't seem to approve of.

Perhaps you should stop being so condescending to others who are not like you (race , colour whatever) and you would then learn a lot.

At this point I realise that I am responding to someone who clearly has very fixed and opinionated views that will not be changed so have decided to end it here. The last words, should you wish, shall be yours

Reply to
Mark Allread

I am pleased I have a good newsreader then, given that I am more interested in the subject than the references header.

Reply to
Scott

Don't you agree there's a disproportionate number of black and brown people on the telly?

A few years ago the director general of the Beeb explicitly planned it. It's almost a form of acceptable racism.

"Philip Davies said he considered recent proposals announced by BBC director general Tony Hall to boost the representation of black, Asian and minority ethnic people on- and off-screen to be racist, when the corporation should be aiming to be 'colour blind'."

Pamela

Its because normen knobend is a troll who likes to hide behind anonymous remailers (ought to tell you all you need to know!)- and that loses the proper threading.

So some newsreaders that match only on subject may thread the responses correctly, but most will lose it.

Easiest solution I have found it to kill all posts arriving via a remailer, since there is no plausible use case for a real user needing one for this group.

Filtering on an "Organization:" header containing dizum.com, or on an "Injection Info:" header containing "mixmin.net" seems to match most of them.

Reply to
John Rumm