OT: Save Winamp..

Nicked from another place. A group of developers and enthusiasts are trying to convince AOL to make the code open-source. You can sign a petition Save Winamp and learn about the effort here:
http://savewinamp.com/
NVDA on freelists.org
To post messages to the list send email to snipped-for-privacy@freelists.org To leave the list, send a blank message with the subject of "unsubscribe" (without quotes) to snipped-for-privacy@freelists.org. Reply to the confirmation message or click the link provided by the email. To modify your NVDA Email settings or view archives: Modify list subscription settings: http://www.freelists.org/list/nvda NvDA list archive: http://www.freelists.org/archive/nvda To contact list moderators, send an email to snipped-for-privacy@freelists.org.
NVDA is developed by NV Access in collaboration with the community. Get NVDA from: http://www.nvaccess.org/ Your continued donations help keep NVDA development going strong. Donate at: http://www.nvaccess.org/donate
Other links: Come talk with other NVDA users on irc.blufudge.net #NVDA Get NVDA add-ons at: http://addons.nvda-project.org/ NVDA on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid 01265515 Get SkypeTalking for NVDA: http://skypetalking.googlecode.com/
--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Thanks, Brian, for bringing this to our attention.
Not too long ago I poked my nose into discussions where people were trying to work out why YouTube audio was often distorted on Windows 7. It turned out that Microsoft had broken the sample rate converters built into Windows 7 and eventually MS produced a little publicised and well hidden patch - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2653312
I found Winamp invaluable in the testing of this because it was easy to plug in output stages using different api's and hence identify the cause of the problem.
I have to say that I've never liked the user interface of Winamp, but it is a really excellent and very flexible program, and it will be extremely sad if it does get blown away.
--
Bill