Anyone else score a Festool sander for $59

What survey? Help a fellow woodworker also score a sander!

Reply to
bob

Anyone else get to purchase a Festool R/A sander for $59 just for filling out a survey?

Reply to
Buck Wheat

Reply to
Anonymous

where would this offer be had?

Reply to
Mike in Mystic

Yes. I took the Survey on Tuesday AM, ordered the sander with a credit card, and I recieved the sander 2 days later on Thursday. It took 2 days to get it in California. I assume it was shipped from Illinois. I got the offer electronically from subscribing to CabinetMaker Magazine (Free subscription BTW) and getting their electronic bulletins. At first, it really did seem to good to be true. Who sells a $225 sander (including sandpaper) for $59 ??? But the URL's were legitimate. My only complaint was that the ordering sight was http and not https (secure).

Unfortunately, your email has to be in their database (i.e. a subscriber to their email list) and you can't re-use your email once you've taken the survey.

It might be possible to get on their email list and still get the offer? Might be worth a try.

Here's the text of the email I recv'd: ================================================ As a subscriber to Cabinetmaker's Shop Tips Newsletter, you have the opportunity to take part in a special product testing promotion from Festool.

If you do not yet own any Festool power tools, participating in the following short survey will qualify you to purchase a Festool 6" Random Orbital ETS 150/3 finishing sander and abrasives for a product testing price that is almost 75% off the catalog price.

Ready? Click this link to take our survey, or paste this address into your web browser:

have been e-mailed this offer because you are a subscriber to CabinetMaker magazine's Shop Tips e-newsletter.

If you would like to continue receiving the Shop Tips newsletter, but not be sent promotional mailings, simply reply to this e-mail with unsubscribe in the subject line.

CabinetMaker Magazine, 1350 E. Touhy Ave., Des Plaines, IL 60018,

847/390-6700, snipped-for-privacy@chartcomm.com

Jeff Kent

Reply to
Gene T