OT Royal Mail

Are you sure that email really was from Royal Mail. the wording looks typical of a scam. I'd be wary of following any links in it.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Ours arrives at lunchtime. but not every day

Reply to
charles

I stand corrected.

I was thinking that RM had some involvement in the Post Office but apparently it is wholly owned by the government (BEIS).

Reply to
David

No scam.

The email was basically advertising and if I wanted to send a letter or package rather than me going to the post box or post office they would pick it up from my house. It's a service that for a (trial??) period they are offering for free when paying for postage on-line.

With their record of delivery why would I want to stay in 3 days on the off chance that someone may turn up to collect what I want to post?

Reply to
alan_m

Ah! just that "e" missed. My apologies.

Said very much tongue-in-cheek, but the only thing that seems to be rounded up here is the Council Tax. As for RM there is only 1 collection - at 9am - and the occasional clumps of letters delivered two or three times a week.

You're obviously way more into postal matters than I, but I was very much involved in government-to-local finances across Great Britain and in those days (pre-2015) money was hosed all over the North of England, in particular.

I don't know about difficulty in getting staff, but when I recently tried to collect a parcel from the local RM site they had plenty of staff, said staff conducting a demolition derby with their vans. There must have been hundreds of damage done. Just one site, on one day.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Albeit perhaps 10 years ago the worst case of that I witnessed was at the City Link warehouse. At the end of my working day I went to collect a package where I had been carded because I wasn't in. This coincided with a number of drivers turning up at the end of their shift/round. All the undelivered packages were pushed out of the back of the van to drop to the concrete warehouse floor.

Reply to
alan_m

Yep, my Amazon Sunday delivery is now going to be today (Saturday) as informed by email and Alexa.

Reply to
alan_m

Am 07/10/2023 um 10:24 schrieb Mike Clarke:

I bet he does.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

I love the concept of Just In Time. I once saw a signpost near a parking area at a US Ford Assembly Plant, the sign read: "JIT Truck Waiting Area".

Reply to
Davey

maybe, once they've unloaded, the driver needs a break?

Reply to
charles