OT Royal Mail

I received this junk email this morning from Royal Mail

quote Hi Sir/Madam

We hope this message finds you well and your parcels even better! As a valued customer, it's our priority to ensure your parcel-sending experience is as smooth as silk. We noticed a slight pause in your parcel-sending journey, but fret not – we're here to help you pick up right where you left off. /quote

I may consider RM for sending packages if they could be bothered to deliver the packages and letters to me in good time. 24hr tracked mail taking 5 days to deliver, an intermittent delivery service with maybe two deliveries a week, if I'm lucky.

Recently I ordered some goods and on the companies check-out page they suggested that 24hour tracked was having a delivery failure rate of around 40% and were recommending a more reliable delivery by another courier.

Reply to
alan_m

I find RM very hit and miss. They also had an agreement with Amazon and were given the job of delivering a crucial item on a Sunday. Of course I was told that they couldn't find the address, and when I phoned up I was told that was probably a mis-scan. Either way they don't deliver on Sundays! One consequence was a refund of the month's Prime membership.

Their customer service is very good to spout lies. If I want something delivered I choose Fedex through Parcel2Go to get the best prices.

Either way, only Amazon Prime Delivery drivers deliver on a Sunday. Even then to a business address they will do a drive-by. Best ensure you use a local Amazon locker when they think you won't be there to receive the item.

Reply to
Fredxx

I'm probably misreading this, but I often get Amazon stuff delivered on a Sunday - and to date I have managed to evade all their snares and traps designed to force me to 'join' and hence pay for Prime.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I've got an Amazon package due to be delivered on Sunday. I don't subscribe to Prime but the point being made is that Prime customers can get a Sunday delivery and if the driver's route is your area then your order may/will be on the same van. I always go for the "free" 3/4 day delivery but often this translates into next day or a two day delivery, in my experience more so during busy periods such as Xmas.

Reply to
alan_m

Amazon don't always use their own services to deliver. I've had Evri and RM deliveries. I'm perhaps in a strange area where there's a presumption no one will be in to accept a parcel. And either way RM don't deliver on a Sunday, even if Amazon say they do.

We use Prime because of the JIT aspect of the business. We can order in the evening and it generally arrives the next day.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes. I do much that same. Having been born in the days of "Allow up to 28 days for delivery."[1] a

3 or 4 day delivery seems fast enough for me - especially as it is usually quicker than that quoted timescale.

I have an order which is 'forecast' to be delivered on Sunday. Past experience suggests at least part of it will arrive on Saturday.

[1] Once your postal order arrives through the post.
Reply to
Sam Plusnet

I had an Amazon delivery this week from a private vehicle

Reply to
charles

Amazon seem to have a secondary delivery system, but maybe just in larger towns. If you are out when the delivery driver calls they don't leave a card but deliver it to a local agent. This local agent then delivers the package, often after 7pm and usually turning up in the car he owns with the back seat full of Amazon packages.

Reply to
alan_m

I'm experiencing the same intermittent deliveries. Two deliveries a week would be welcome.

I'm old enough to remember when RM delivered three times a day, in the morning about breakfast time, later in the morning about 11am, and another about 3pm.

Seems RM are now in terminal decline.

OFCOM do have an on-going investigation into RM's performance.

I wonder what the outcome will be.

Reply to
David

I wonder if RM are trying to save money in order to pay the fines/compensation due to the Postmasters as a result of the Post Office accounting system debacle.

Reply to
David

Royal Mail and the Post Office are separate companies with independent Boards.

Reply to
John Armstrong

we aren't in a town (large r small).

Reply to
charles

Yes well don't get me started on Articles for the Blind first class mail subsidised by a government grant. A week is not unusual no doubt because of the attitude to 'free' mail. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

On the local Farcebook group a recently retired postman said in the local depot they couldn't keep staff. It wasn't that new staff couldn't be recruited but that they tended to leave again within 4 weeks.

250 miles away when visiting friends a few weeks ago my friend and I were talking to the local postie in a social environment (with alcohol). It appears in this rural location they can't even attract new staff and that they are 30% short staffed. Again, any if any new staff are recruited only last a short time in the job.

My friend used to have the same postman turning up in a van but now deliveries tend to be by different people each time. In this rural location learning the route is an essential part of the job as the rounds may be 40+ miles with many stops requiring the van to be backed up long driveways or down narrow farm tracks. The constant changing of routes is really pissing off the long term posties.

It also appears in this rural area there is always a backlog of post at the depot and priority is being given to the packages were a premium has been paid to fully track the package. To me it appears like RM may be trying to massage their delivery statistics by excluding mail that has no tracking.

Reply to
alan_m

I spoke to one such. 'It doesnt really cover the cost of the driving, but it gets me out of t house and away from the wife'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Different company Postal deliveries = Royal Mail Post Offices = Post Office Ltd. (setup approx 22 years ago)

Reply to
alan_m

Huh! You get post in the morning?

I don't know where you are but it looks like we in the Home Counties need some levelling up.

PA

Reply to
Peter Able

Seems to apply to most of the same-day prime deliveries that arrive about 9pm.

Reply to
Andy Burns

That is usual here - I wonder if they have correct vehicle insurance in place, for business use?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Email !!! They have my email address because I have previously used their on-line facility to buy postage and to print off my own sticky address label with their QR type code

Be careful what you wish for - it could be a levelling down. :)

Another RM annoyance is them sending out emails saying that they have your package and it will be delivered today between 7am and 7pm and for it to turn up 2 to 3 days later.

Reply to
alan_m