OT: Reservoir security

Here's one near me, Clark's Hill Reservoir.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.5476042,-2.3199749,3a,75y,204.97h,102.24t/data=!3m9!1e1!3m7!1sv89GUu7Fxd6_B-2z23fqPg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!9m2!1b1!2i41

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.548174,-2.319577,125a,35y,204.97h,45t/data=!3m1!1e3

Reply to
Graham.

Know it well. Didn't know you Teasdale lot were stealing our water though :-) Cow Green run dry has it? <Snip>

Reply to
bert

South Tyne Dale not Teesdale. B-)

It was very low earlier in the year, 7+ meters below full. Actually off the bottom of the 1/2 metre interval painted markings on the wet side of the dam.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Those ones are pay per view, are they?

:-)

Reply to
newshound

Of course :-(

When was the feed from Burnhope installed? Does it go round under or above Killhope?

Reply to
bert

A few years back and over Killhope, then over Fidddlers (Flinty Fell on maps) and along the B6277 below the old adit source and onto the storage reservior at the top of Alston. Places like us are T'd off enroute. AIUI the pipe acts as a rather long syphon. How they started it I don't know but any high spot has an air vent valve with service valves either side.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Scottish Water says

a service reservoir, known as Brockloch. Service reservoirs, also called distribution reservoirs, are the storage reservoirs, which store the treated water for supplying water during emergencies (such as during fires, repairs, etc.) and also to help in absorbing the hourly fluctuations in the normal water demand.

So if it is something more secret, Scottish Water is in on the secret :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Thanks. It what I had already surmised but nice to have it confirmed.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

It's got a roof for a start

Reply to
Jim K..

In your example I don't see a 3m+ fence nor any CCTV , oh and the gate's been left open!

Reply to
Jim K..

the "wall" made of bricks with fence on top you mean?

required to see the cctv...

Reply to
Jim K..

Could that be another reason they took the van away?....

Reply to
Jim K..

940nm ;-)
Reply to