OT: Reservoir security

Just because that one did it that way says nothing useful about all of them.

Yes, but plenty of them do it that way anyway.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and that’s saying something.
On 25/12/2018 09:22, harry wrote:

Better tell them then: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/news/cheltenham-news/inside-secret-reservoir-supplies-water-701364
On Tuesday, 25 December 2018 09:51:00 UTC, Richard wrote:

And where does it say it's treated water?

In the main body of the article where it says “Hewlett distribution service reservoir receives treated water from the Mythe treatment works at Tewkesbury.” Followed by “they take water from the river Severn where it is treated and pumped 10 miles to Hewletts where it feeds Cheltenham. Is a pretty big clue.
But then you never read beyond the headline or looking at the Pictures so you once again prove you are an idiot and mistaken yet again. Heck this place is not that far from you and you still get it wrong.
GH
On 25/12/2018 16:45, Marland wrote:

Thanks for that. I doubt he can see much with his head up his arse.
On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 18:17:32 +0000, Richard

Probably what inspired his oft-used phrase 'shit-fer-brains'. It got up his nose or in through his ears.
--

Chris

On Tue, 25 Dec 2018 01:22:49 -0800 (PST), harry wrote:

+1

Waste water?

Which is why the reservoirs of treated water are covered and have (varying) levels of security. Our water now comes from Burnhope reservoir towards the top of Weardale. This water is treated at Burnhope and is gravity/syphonic fed to us. There is a holding reservoir to supply Nenthead and another above Alston. We are connected directly to the mains and AFAIK directly back to Burnhope. These holding reservoirs have fences and locked gates but little else.

Legally may be but untill recently *all* the water used here went through 150 gallons of roof tanks. And when we moved in a mottly collection of dead wild life in the bottom of the tanks mostly beetles but one mouse. I did clean them out and fit proper covers...
Before mains water arrived about 35 years ago the supply was a bit erractic and at that time this place was a B&B and Tea Rooms. I might reduce the volume of stored water as and when but there is no way I'm not going to remove it. No water for a few days due to an interuption in supply when the roads are impassable due to snow, no thank you.
--
Cheers
Dave.

The way Harry has proclaimed on this group over the years that he has run this or that despite his postings show that he makes some really silly statements about things reinforces my belief that he was a swat at school but the teachers realising he wasn’t that bright educated him in the art of getting qualifications rather than a actually stretch any intelligence. This enabled him to hoodwink a succession of employers that gave him supervisory positions where he could stay out of the way supported on the shoulders of others who got in with the jobs while played at being manager which suited his narcissistic character that grew out of being a spoiled brat until finally he was rumbled and got rid of. He seems to have ended up within the NHS where due to the chaotic nature of working in a large public sector organisation he managed to hide his incompetence under the radar quite well. Unfortunately leeches like him tend to go throw life getting redundancy and other payments leaving a trail of damage behind them.
GH
On 25/12/2018 11:42, Marland wrote:

I've always had the impression he was the sort that thrive in big orgs like the NHS. Ever ready to volunteer for the sort of commitees and activities that suck up to manglement and avoid the real job. And not much missed by colleagues doing real work who are glad he is out of the way of doing any real damage.
--
djc

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)

Know it well. Didn't know you Teasdale lot were stealing our water though :-) Cow Green run dry has it? <Snip>
--
bert

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 12:31:36 +0000, bert wrote:

South Tyne Dale not Teesdale. B-)

It was very low earlier in the year, 7+ meters below full. Actually off the bottom of the 1/2 metre interval painted markings on the wet side of the dam.
--
Cheers
Dave.

Of course :-(

When was the feed from Burnhope installed? Does it go round under or above Killhope?
--
bert

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 11:26:20 +0000, bert wrote:

A few years back and over Killhope, then over Fidddlers (Flinty Fell on maps) and along the B6277 below the old adit source and onto the storage reservior at the top of Alston. Places like us are T'd off enroute. AIUI the pipe acts as a rather long syphon. How they started it I don't know but any high spot has an air vent valve with service valves either side.
--
Cheers
Dave.
On 24/12/2018 15:09, harry wrote:

I was told by the water board worker in Sheringham that the tank contains a reserve of treated water. That means the treatment works can be large enough to cover average demand during the day, rather than peak demand.

Ours isnt and I know that because I know the fella who ran the water treatment plant.
On 24/12/2018 00:01, Nick Odell wrote:

Same here.
You would not believe how many times I have had sex in a car in Winscar Reservoir car park.
https://goo.gl/maps/duYoiLezajr
Is not a picture of me having sex in a car but shows how close to the reservoir you are.
--
Adam

On Monday, 24 December 2018 16:24:55 UTC, ARW wrote:

Isn't there more space in a van?
Owain
On 24/12/2018 16:34, snipped-for-privacy@gowanhill.com wrote:

Seats only lower back in a car.
--
Adam

On Mon, 24 Dec 2018 16:58:11 +0000, ARW wrote:

My brother had a double matress in the back of his van. He didn't need it for his job though.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
On 24/12/2018 17:14, PeterC wrote: