Paint Rollers - Reservoir Type

I would welcome advice upon any experiences (positive and negative aspects) in using paint rollers fitted with a paint supply reservoir. The types that hold a paint charge inside the roller, or the handle.

Noticed elements of negative feedback upon a recent QVC offering.

Thanks

Reply to
JoRoCo

We purchased a pain runner kit

at the ideal home show a few years ago and found it to be a brilliant piece of kit and much better than expected, the prices on the website are a bit more than we paid but I would still say that they are good value for what you get. If we had used traditional rollers we would probably gone through half a dozen with the amount of painting we have done with it. The only problem we had was the filler lid split after a couple of years - so I emailed the company and asked if they offer replacements - they posted one free of charge within a couple of days. Franko. Ps: Sorry for posting this reply in both groups but it is also for the benefit of others that don't read both groups messages.

Reply to
Franko

Apparently QVC has a nice line in chocolate teapots as well at the moment.

Reply to
Andy Hall

BF's mum borrowed one off a retired builder who swears by it. But then he's probably only painted new rooms with one.

She tried it and hated it. Very heavy, not even with paint and reckons she's a lot quicker with a normal roller and brush. And it takes forever to wash out.

Reply to
Mogga

I have no experience of this kit I use an Earlex Cordless Painting System (I think it is superb)

I bought mine from E Bay so it was really cheap. If the OP goes down the Paint Runner direction there is an advert in my local paper tonight for the kit (1st item on the Selkin web page link) for £29.99 including delivery therefore saving the £3.95 P&P charge from the website. If you want the details post back and I will let you know.

HTH

John

Reply to
John

Exactly my experience. In theory the system can't be bettered, unless you love masking and working in a respirator. In practice extremely hard work, partly due to the excessive arm muscle pressure needed to provide each sweep with paint. I was so glad to but the damned thing down and grab the brush.

-- Regards, Dick Treen

Reply to
treenoakio

Thanks for the feedback folks. Getting mixed reactions to this concept (including some web site reviews). Seems to come down to the physical properties of the operator and having enough muscle power.

We are the fit active sporty types, so we may find it OK. There is only one way to find out with a £20 experiment - going to try the Painstick from Homgar.

Regards

Reply to
JoRoCo

Was that a Freudian slip?

;-)

John

Reply to
John

No, can't blame him. It was all mine and last night's Frascati. Hope that the pain is tolerable.

Amen

Reply to
JoRoCo

There is already a thread on here, started by yourself on 19/04/08. I use paint runners as they make such a nice finish to my paintwork, I have just finished painting my lounge walls & ceilings with no dustsheets and not a drop was spilt :-) Franko.

Reply to
Franko