OT: Recommendations for alloy wheel cleaner

Last few times I have washed the car I have noticed some rather difficult to remove black deposits on the front alloy wheels it looks like tar but tar remover does not do the trick. The wheels have a painted and lacquer finish and Ford recommend non acidic cleaners so I have been using Wonder Wheels but it does not seem to shift them despite using a dedicated brush to help. On previous cars with what appear similar style wheels I have used the Auto Glym wheel cleaner effectively but it is acidic so I am in a bit of a quandary how to get the wheels clean?

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

I use turtle wax redline cleaner, which is the non-acidic "bleeding" type.

Then blast with pressure washer, allow to dry then spray liberally with armorall brake dust repellent shield.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Likely beake dust

Reply to