OT: quote of the day re 'beach bodies'

Perusing the DT, on the killings in Tunisia....(and teh fate of the EU, ref: Greece etc,) this gem emerged...

"After these events, I hope this year?s health-and-beauty buzz phrase ?beach body? will be quietly dropped. "

In another article, David Cameron preaches intolerance of intolerance.

You might almost think the DT and teh Tory party has taken on UKIPS agenda. Whilst being firmly dismissive of UKIP, of course....;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Has reporting become a lost art though. I notice from many papers that there is a reliance on eye witnesses and mobile phone pictures etc, and a lackof actual people on the ground who can actually investigate, not just interview people with very set views. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Brit sells to the world weaponry which is intended to kill people and / or destroy property.

Surely we should be rejoicing that the market for western-world arms is alive, in this case?

Or, perhaps, we should retreat immediately from international arms sales?

Reply to
gareth

Oh get you, cynic..

Actually the arm of choice is the AK47, designed by a Russian to be capable of being fired single handedly, even by a complete idiot, even when covered in mud or sand, and made IIRC in Czechoslovakia.

It is however a straw man. was merely pointing out the volte face being performed by political leaders who have WON an election, compared with their stance BEFORE winning it.

My own brand of cynicism.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Pacifism is not cynicism

Reply to
gareth

Oh? Was that pacifism in action?

No, pacifism is not cynicism, its more delusion than anything else.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed, but I suspect that we will see flying pigs before that day comes.

Similarly with the USA, Israel, Russia etc, they make so much money out of it. I used to work for a defence company, and certainly what we made was for defence, but if you set the devices up around an airfield you could shoot anybody's planes down with them. Maybe the cynic in me suspects the ultimate way out of all of this is Nuke the lot of them, but warn me first so i can dig a really big hole to hide in. Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

Given the one fact we can be sure of is that IS ain't pacifists, I take it you approve of them?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It would not make the slightest difference, except to our balance of payments. It is estimated that around one assault rifle in every five in the world is a Kalashnikov of some sort and those are so simple to make that it is done in back room workshops in Pakistan.

Reply to
Nightjar

... and to our hypocrisy?

Reply to
gareth

pragmatism is not hypocrisy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Oh please! Stop breathing, your existence is resulting in the death of many forms of life.

TIA

Reply to
Richard

How childish you are. .

Reply to
gareth

I'm not the one who thinks that we can live care bear land.

Reply to
Richard

Richard, and the rest of uk.d-i-y, be aware that Gareth Alun Evans is a well-known and persistent Usenet troublemaker. He's recently been runned off from his "home" group, uk.radio.amateur, and is looking for new pastures to sow his brand of mayhem in. He's best avoided, preferably by killfile, as he thrives on the attention his trolling brings. Worse, he has a track record for taking Usenet grudges offline by way of poison pen letters to people's employers, an action that he has been prosecuted and convicted for.

Just giving you all the heads up as he's already taking here the usual antagonistic steps he uses to incite a row.

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Cole

Thanks for that.

Reply to
Richard

No problem. There's a galaxy of archived lunacy from him on Google Groups, primarily in ukra but he's caused havoc all over going back to the 90s, if you ever wanted to familiarise yourself with his usual antics.

Reply to
Stephen Thomas Cole

How accurate he was.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Untrue.

Untrue

Untrue.

Untrue. You spent many months accusing me of sexual relations with sheep, and when I stood up agaisnt you, you demonstrated, as you do now, that hell hath no fury like a stephenthomascole scorned.

Untrue.

Untrue

Untrue.

Those who react to the above calumny would be better advised to research STC's grossly offensive remarks since he first appeared in the Usenet NG uk.radio.amateur, in particular, his infantile outbursts over the past couple of days since he re-appeared there after an absence of a couple of weeks.

Reply to
gareth

Completely untrue.

Reply to