OT Problems with Thunderbird

As I'm now totally pissed of with Windows Live Mail I have decided to change to Thunderbird for Usenet as I already use it for email. However, Thunderbird does not want to know about Eternal-September. When I enter the news server address the 'Next' button disappears as soon as the final letter of the address is input. i.e. news.eternal-september.org The 'next' button is available right up to the .or but then disappears when the g is input to complete the address. This happens in both Thunderbird 3.1.4 and Thunderbird 5.0 Anyone know what's going on here and is there a workaround for it?

TIA

Iain

Reply to
Iain

I had problems with ES in T'bird. Now trying Portable T'bird and have got it going with reader80.eternal-september.org on Port 119.

BTW, it's possible to delete messages from T'bird by going to Tools - Options - Advanced, General tab - Config. Editor, look for news.allow_delete_with_no_undo, double-click on it to change the value to True.

HTH.

Reply to
PeterC

Not much help, but it accepts it OK here on 3.1.3.

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap

Dunno. I've just gone through the motions of creating an account using TB 3.1.11 and it seems to work ok.

Cheers, Roger ____________ Please reply to Newsgroup. Whilst email address is valid, it is seldom checked.

Reply to
Roger Mills

seems my current version is 2.000.02. Or summat. Never felt the need to upgrade.. You can n fact set up server stuff IIRC in two separate ways..the 'wizard' and just filling in forms.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Got it sorted now .......... (l)user error. I had already set it up at some point in the past and it was simply refusing a duplicate entry.

Iain

Reply to
Iain

Is it STILL doing that?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Don't you just hate it when the SW points out you're being stupid ! ;-)

Andy C

Reply to
Andy Cap