Thermal Store - draining system tips needed

I am putting a heated towel radiator in the bathroom. Turned off water and released central heating stop valve. Waited nearly 2 hours for level to go below bathroom level. Attached pipes to radiator and am now sitting here (another couple of hours) waiting for the system to fill so can check for leaks.
Is there some way to speed things up?
When draining I opened air valves on the upstairs radiators but it all seems so much slower since going for the thermal store arrangement.
Until last year we had gravity fed water supply from in the roof space and the whole lot including central heating, was drained in 20 minutes.
km
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 16:36:54 +0100, km <> wrote:

It's now over 6 hrs and still not enough water in the central heating to test connections. the water flow into the cylinder is a trickle even though the household water taps are delivering water at full pressure.
km
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 19:42:55 +0100, km <> wrote:

Eventually completed the check at 9.30pm. While waiting I put on a couple of isolator valves just in case the radiator wasn't correctly fitted. Couldn't cope with another wait like that.
There must be some valve next to the cylinder which would allow for a better inflow of water but the instructions don't cover draining the system.
km
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 21:55:54 +0100, km <> wrote:

Maybe my experience wasn't that bad. Whilst Googling I found a question on a Forum about a similar problem - it took two and a half days for his system to refill.
km
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 09/08/2011 22:44, km wrote:

Could you give a little more detail on how your store is configured? i.e. is it heated directly or indirectly? How is heat extracted from it? (i.e. coil, PHE etc). How is it filled? Is it sealed, or vented? Is the heating and hot water configured as Y plan, S plan etc? [1]
These will all have an effect on what mods are possible to fix the problem.
[1] http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title Ξntral_Heating_Controls_and_Zoning
--
Cheers,

John.

βœ–
On Wed, 10 Aug 2011 05:26:43 +0100, John Rumm

Thanks for your reply John.
Central Heating is Directly Heated by Coil in a Vented system. Its non-zonal, temperature being controlled by one thermostat in the Hallway. This covers the heating of 16 radiators which are turned off if not required (although about half have thermostatic control valves). The water is filled via an Albion Mainflow Cylinder.
Unfortunately I am no expert with Central Heating technicalities.
Kevin
Add pictures here
βœ–

Non return valves seemed to be a feature of combining the output from a log burner with a conventional gas CH system.
regards

--
Tim Lamb

Add pictures here