Here is a Picture of My New Crown Moulding

Thanks everyone who helped me figure out how to send a pic to this site.

I hope this works.

Kate

Reply to
Kate

On 3/8/2010 10:47 PM Kate spake thus:

No link.

See my reply in that other thread for further instructions.

Don't fret; this computah stuff can be frustrating.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Thanks. I tried it again, so I hope it comes through. I copied and pasted.

Off to bed. Frustrated. LOL

Reply to
Kate

When you wake up, post a photo at tinypic.com. Post that link here, after you wake up.

I want to see what you got :-/

Reply to
Oren

This is a text only list. You can upload the pic to a free hosting site, and then post the URL.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Kate wrote in news:hn4rpt$eab$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

Trying to post directly to Usenet will not work for you.

Your news provider--Eternal September--will not do "binary", which is what pictures are. Eternal September will only do "text" (letters and numbers).

As others have pointed out, you need to sign up with one of those free photo-hosting sites, then include the link to that site here.

Try here:

The link you eventually post to Usenet will look something like this:

Reply to
Tegger

While that's true, it's only half the story. The other half is that this is a text-only group, so it doesn't matter *what* news provider you're using.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Excellent reply. Now we wait for Kate, and wish her luck.

Reply to
LouB

snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote in news:hn5ijs$848$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

That's not true for all providers.

Some providers don't care if the group is meant for text only; if your /account/ allows binary, you'll be able to post pictures to any group you like. It's under those circumstances that you'll see annoyed replies from people telling a miscreant not to post binaries to a text-only group.

Reply to
Tegger

It's pretty foolish to post binaries to a text only group, because MOST newservers will strip them out, and usually the post itself will not be propagated. In other words, post a picture here, and almost no one will see it or your post. Self defeating.

Reply to
salty