OT: Prescription Glasses - the second

The distance was reduced from 75 feet to 67 IIRC.

Reply to
Max Demian

The lens becomes progressively stiffer. Why haven't they found a way to fit a new, synthetic lens to the muscles that has the right properties? Then no-one would need glasses, contacts or laser treatment.

I'm sure rich people would pay a fortune for this, if available.

Reply to
Max Demian

Think it's a combination of both. Lens getting less flexible, and the muscles no longer working as they should.

Possibly. So many need specs anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

surely the fact that you couldn't read number plates was a clue?

(I came to accept that I needed glasses when I got on the wrong train because I read the platform number on the flip board as 18 instead of 13, up until then I'd been pretending to myself that my eyesight hadn't got any worse than before)

Reply to
tim...

There are various ways of doing that after a cataract. One way is for one eye's lens to be for distance; the other for near view.

I think there are fancy lenses that manage to have multiple focal length. None work like the eyes of a young person.

Reply to
Max Demian