OT: Post traumatic stress disorder

There was this fat ugly tattooed slag on the telly, a resident of Birstall. "My daughter's boyfriend saw it, he saw it with his own eyes! He might be traumatised!" You could see the pound signs in her piglike peepers. Compo! Compo!

It reminds me of something my late father (ex RAMC) said, on seeing some similar gold digger. "Traumatised! When the sergeant said to us, 'When that tank stops smoking get in there and pull the lads out and bury all the bits you can find!' he wasn't worried about us getting traumatised!"

Yes, our soldiers fought and died to save us from rule by Germany, but then we started to slide seemingly inexorably towards that fate. Yesterday's vote will finally make sure that it never happens.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

On 24-Jun-16 6:35 PM, Bill Wright wrote: ...

They fought and died to save Europe. There was never any real prospect of Britain being conquered and military intelligence knew that, even if it was deemed better for the people to think otherwise. Even had Operation Sealion been launched, the Germans had the choice of landing a force that could win, or one that could be kept supplied. They could not have done both.

Reply to
Nightjar

There's a difference?

Reply to
Capitol

Or the opposite.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bill Wright wrote in news:nkjr1g$1hcl$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

That is one of the daftest things you ever wrote. According to today's news, Scotland and Northern Ireland might break away from the UK as a reaction to the exit. That's reminiscent of what happened in Yugoslavia. A United Kingdom with a strong voice in a United Europe would have been so much better.

Reply to
Wolfgang Schwanke

We all know the truth, so why continue trying to fool us?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Bill Wright wrote in news:nkl0dp$10eq$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

German nationalists exist, but they're not what you think. They want the country out of the EU. And their conspiracy theory is that outside forces - namely the WW2 allies - are secretly controlling everything that is going on, such as the Euro crisis, the world financial crisis, and Germany's anti nuclear programme. Now where could we find their mirror image ..?

Reply to
Wolfgang Schwanke

Not bothered about them. It's Comrade Merkel and others of that ilk.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

You mean it will prevent Germany from being ruled by us?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Brexit: The gift that keeps on giving.

Says he with the total assurance of someone with his head stuck right up his arse.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They sound to be close to correct to me.

There is a huge amount of manipulation going on by various factions, at least one of whom might be broadly described as 'WWII ally'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Ah Kommissar 'Rosa Klebb' Merkel.

A rose, by any other name...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Bill Wright wrote in news:nkl1um$125g$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org:

So you think she's secretly controlling everything that goes on in Britain, and she's a communist? Have I got that right?

Reply to
Wolfgang Schwanke

and she's a communist?

Yes. She is. And a very nasty piece of work too.

No

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The war is not yet won, just the first battle. Lots of dirty deeds will follow if we're not alert. The pigs are used to having their snouts in the trough. They have got used to a life of ease at our expense.

Watch out for subversion, hand wringing and more lies and propaganda.

Reply to
harry

The Natural Philosopher wrote in news:nkl5jq$sr5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net:

No, she's right of centre. She's also an opportunist and quite incompetent.

Reply to
Wolfgang Schwanke

Yes, she has adopted the position of being right of centre, and she is quite incompetent.

And a nasty piece of work,. But she loves bureaucracy and party politics and is a past master at her old job of Agitprop. And believes that governments should be allowed to knowbetter and the people don't count. I.e. a communist

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And once the media frenzy dies down the Great Unwashed will go back to their eggs, chips and beans and Jermey Kyle Show and not pay any further attention to Brexit.

Quite. On both sides in and out of EU.

"To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job." (Douglas Adams)

So as the Leave group are weaseling their way into power...

And there're 73 MEP's to find jobs for plus all their entourage...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There is now. England is now set to be a second rate nation on an island off the coast of Europe.

Reply to
Nightjar

Well bugger off somewhere else.

Then it can be a first rate nation on an island.

Why does the Left hate its won countrymen so much?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher