OT: Police gave me thumbs up?!

The judge should have fired that pig. All those three could have been done by ONE single action, not turning his lights on.

I heard of something equally ridiculous: someone was followed by an unmarked pig and done for speeding FOUR times in the space of 10 minutes, without being stopped for each one individually. Because he exceeded a 30, then a 40, then a 30, then another 40, it was apparently four speeding fines, 12 points, immediate ban.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The one that did my friend for 130 in a 50 was.

As for the schools, I once complained to a council about a speedbump installed near a school, right next to a sharp bend. Going over it in winter almost lifts your car off the road (even at or under the limit), meaning you have no control whatsoever while you're supposed to be going round a sharp bend in snow/ice and avoiding pedestrians. Needless to say they didn't listen. Council officials don't understand the laws of physics - a car can have zero weight when going over a bump, therefore no friction between the tyres and the road.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

When stopped by the police the first test you have to pass is the attitude test. As a senior citizen with the right attitude I get away with a lot

Some years back, on a dual carriage way with a 6o limit I was in the outside lane doing over 70 and being pushed up the road by a lady in a chelsea tractor. Poloiceman stepped out through inside lane and put his hand up in a stop sign but waved me through. I reckon he caught her because she towered over the traffic in the inside lane

Reply to
fred

80 over the limit, he was lucky to only get a two year ban.
Reply to
soup

I think it was Fords who suddenly got very accurate in the 1980's, at least on new tyres. Obviously, they start to under-read as the tyres wear.

I used to do quite high mileages in hire cars in those days, one of the things I used to do to pass the time was to check the speedos against motorway marker posts with a wrist stopwatch. Drive at 120 kph indicated, ten posts is 30 seconds on an accurate speedo.

Reply to
newshound

He pulled over someone doing 70 while stood at 0? I'm surprised the lady even saw him. I was pulled over by such a moronic pig while doing 40 in a 30. I nearly ran the stupid woman over. She walked into the road in front of me!!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Think.... worn tyre, smaller wheel, faster rotation, OVER read.

And no, I've had a few Fords and they're as bad as the rest, you get 3-5mph overreading at any speed.

I've checked all mine with a satnav, every single car overreads.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

It was a dual carriageway. So I'd say 50 over the limit. So under double the limit.

And he was offered a £2000 fine instead, but he couldn't afford it and his mother told him to f*ck off.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

You'd say! Thing is real traffic management bods have decided and sign posted that section as a 50 . It matters not one jot what you think the limit SHOULD be

Reply to
soup

Why should it matter what they think? Built up area 30, country road 60, dual carriageway and motorway 70. It used to be so simple.... The only reason for random limits all over the place is to catch you out so the fat wasters in the pig sties can buy more doughnuts.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

In article <op.0cgbikpmwdg98l@glass>, Commander Kinsey snipped-for-privacy@military.org.jp> writes

Around here Nightmare esp at night Many A road sections are now 50 so approaching a village it goes 50 - 40 - 30 - 40 - 50 However road deaths have gone up significantly over the last 12 months. So what odds the answer will be even more speed limits.

Reply to
bert

If you're watching the signs and the speedo, you aren't watching for pedestrians.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I forget where I saw it, but somebody got on the news once for getting done for doing 165mph in a car which he later proved could only do 110.

That's because a Jazz cannot speed. I've yet to work out if it's the car or the driver that's faulty.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey