How long to fit a bit of dado trunking?

Half a day?

Reply to
Jimk
2nd year apprentice had the task.

I had already drilled the holes and fitted the red rawl plugs. About a

2m length of dado.

He has access to a screw box and an impact driver (with a proper PZ2 bit fitted).

So how long?

Reply to
ARW

Trick question? Ans: About 2 metres.

Reply to
alan_m

a full day - and the dado is upside down

Reply to
charles

Not a trick question. It's about the time to fit it.

Reply to
ARW

Six foot, seven foot, eight foot bunch, Dado come and he wan' go home.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

I see the comedians are out today. You mean he had to put holes in the thing and actually screw it up? No double sided tape or glue? Radical man.

Should take less than an hour, but probably about three, as he could not find the right sized screws. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Did he put it in the wrong room?

And did you give him any washers to go under the screw holes to spread the load properly?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

On the news last Sunday:

Jeff Layman

3 h
Reply to
John Rumm

How many screws did he break by using the impact driver in full-on gorilla mode ?.

Reply to
Andrew

In full gorilla mode he would have driven the screw head completely through what he was trying to fix, necessitating a screw with a larger head or a big washer.

Reply to
alan_m

That's after he's managed to remove that screw complete with plug possibly bringing bits of plasterboard and brick dust with it thus requiring the drilling of an even bigger hole, maybe requiring a brown plug and a fatter screw this time.

michael adams

michael adams

Or get all the plaster off the wall as he did it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Those cup washers are very useful things, but nobody seems to use them any more. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Probably the closest.

The actual answer is that he was unable to to the job.

He used 3" screws, rammed them in all the way thus pulling out the red plug. He managed on every red plug.

Absolutely useless.

Reply to
ARW

In message <qs8ljt$ee5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.albasani.net>, "Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)" snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

I do. Sadly the *far Eastern source* version is prone to rust.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I used some last week. There's a wooden panel screwed to the ceiling of the loo at the back of the kitchen extension - gives access to the kitchen roof space.

It had bare screws and I added cup washers and proper screws!

(it's a tight fit for me getting through the hole because no joists have been taken out and they're close together. Then I remind myself that when we did the last bit of wiring up there, SWMBO did it because I needed to be elsewhere to do stuff at the same time.

And she was 8 months pregnant.

Reply to
Bob Eager

No sense of when its tight enough then, or were the screws too small? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Adam's made it clear that it was his fault. He didn't drill the holes deep enough. :)

Reply to
GB