Hudl2 thumbs up

A while ago there was a topic about Ipads/tablets, just set up a Hudl2 for someone (not that it needed much setting up) and am thoroughly impressed with it for the price. Really nice screen and it seems to have addressed all the annoyances I have with my Asus built pad. Still prefer my iPad, but there's certainly a lot less difference between them than there was :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Useful - thanks for taking the time Lee. I have neighbours who are completely cut off from the internet -- which is starting to become a bit of a liability for them. I'm thinking of getting them to "go to Tesco" for the lot.

John

Reply to
Another John

The reviews are very good indeed. I'm getting Mrs Pounder (she is still looking for the "any key") one for Xmas. I have never even touched one of these thing. Does it come with Outlook Express?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

It is Android (Google), not Windows so no. However I think it comes with the standard Android E-Mail client and you can put Thunderbird on it. Probably also comes with the Chrome browser but you can also put Mozilla Firefox on it. Download anything not included that you want from the Google Playstore.

It will come with lots of Tesco icons on the home screen. Most of these can be deleted/uninstalled. I left just one Tesco icon on my Wife's Hudl which enables her to get into all the Tesco services should she wish to.

Excellent value, just not a big enough screen on the original for my old eyes. The Hudle2 just might be though.

Reply to
Old Codger

Not strictly a basis on which to say no - whilst the answer is still "no", there was even a Macintosh version at one point. Of course that wouldn't run under Android either...

Last Windows versions to include OE were XP and Server 2003, I think.

Reply to
polygonum

Had one for two weeks. Not used the Nexus 7.2013 much since.

Would recommend it to anyone without hesitation.

Only fault is in some light sources you can see the pixel junctions on the screen but this is easily ignored by changing position.

Brilliant machine for the dosh.

Reply to
EricP

It seems the answer is 'yes' (for Outlook anyway):

However, the experience on Android will be so different from using it on a PC that, unless you need the shared calendar stuff or to talk to an Exchange server, I'd just use whatever mail client suits. I wouldn't pick Outlook just because you recognise the name.

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos