OT: Personality Test

I can empathise with that, though I am not in the same situation I easlly could have been.

I do think insular means something different though, I think it implies an intellectual narrowness and lack of judgment too. I don't think it is useful as a description of a personality, more of a community or group.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

"there are liars, damned liars, and people who respond to opinion polls"

:)

Reply to
Robin

Yup, same here, NP. I agree with you 100% on that.

Same here. Lesson learned: "no good deed ever goes unpunished" as they say. Pragmatism has forced (our definition of) insularity on to me. It

*never* pays to reach out and help others.
Reply to
Cursitor Doom
<snip>

What's this 'trying to be nice to people' thing? Why would you have to 'try' to be nice?

I assume to be nice to / with everyone until they give me reason to treat them differently (and even then I'll try to cut people some slack in case they are just having a bad day).

Maybe 'trying to be nice' means 'going the extra mile' and I know that can easily be taken for granted by a minority.

But I'm also a strong believe in karma, 'What goes round comes around' and if I have the opportunity to help someone, after that I seem to have more luck myself.

But then being in IT Support' most of my life and seem to be the 'go to' person in our family for all sorts of questions, rarely a day goes by without someone asking for help. I generally do so now knowing there is little chance of getting any help in return but then that's hardly unusual as I can generally help myself. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I wads thanked onec by a girl who was dating a much older man. We met st one point at a party and I akes, so hows te geriatric then? Shoicked silence. Emotional scnes.

A week later an apology. 'You were SO right and you forced me to really look at the age difference'.

Tell it like it is and the Devil take the hindmost.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher