OT Patient Access (again)

According to my Doctor I should be able to see my test results online "automatically"

According to PA access to medical records, of which test results is subset, have to be specifically activated by the surgery (not clear whether that's globally or specifically per patient), and I only have access to Medications/Allergies/Share Record/Export/GP Shared record.

Does anyone here have access to other section of their medical records?

and if so can you tell me how it was activated?

I just know when I ask in the surgery I'm going to get the "not our fault" response.

tim

Reply to
tim...

tim... expressed precisely :

Which system are they using?

Mine uses Sysmonline and I full access to everything except for three items in the list being greyed out, these are - Messages, Record Audit and Consent to Share Settings.

I can (mainly) - Check for and make appointments. order med repeats, plus special meds request. See my full patient record, which includes doctors short comments and letters from hospitals/consultants and Full Clinical Record. Summary patient record View test results Change my default pharmacy Childhood vaccinations, or at least those I ought to have had and when.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

yes for stuff the practice receive electronically - but only because I ended up talking to the person who administers the system who gave me access.

PS I was talking to her as they had ignored a message I had sent via Patient Access; then told me the message system was activated by accident and would be closed; then told me the 2 partners had decided it IT should be used; then told me they had in fact decided to deactivate it after all.

AIUI none of this is not in the NHS's gift unless and until they renegotiate the GP contract (and probably do the stuff their mouths with silver thing).

Reply to
Robin

For our surgery, you fill in a consent form and take it with ID to the surgery.

I can see records going back sometime, never looked in detail, no reason to, just checked it worked.

Reply to
Brian Reay

how can I possibly know that?

thanks

Reply to
tim...

well that's how I got the online account in the first place

I queried whether I had to do anything special to be able to see my records, and specifically asked about test results (because I know that doctors don't like vulnerable patients to see such details)

and the answer was

"you get all that automatically"

I can see my appointment and prescription records going back in time

I can see my list of allergies

but that is it

tim

Reply to
tim...

tim... formulated on Thursday :

It will tell you at the top of the screen when you log in.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

tim... submitted this idea :

Then you need to ask for it, likely when you are signed in, there will be a means to request full access be given to you. Once granted, it ay then loose all the recent records.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Its a shambles due to each surgery having been allowed to do its own thing as to the type of system they use. Most now use a third party solution I understand. When Jeremy Hunt was in Health he knocked some heads together and was developing an app to interface with a common system, but since he went the impetus seems to have gone and nobody is talking to each other again has in fact got worse, since it seems nobody in the trusts has the job to test that the system actually works for blind users, Ours certainly does not and the only way I can get access is to email the admits of said areas and get them to email me the results, a time consuming and clunky system. When you ask why they go into GDPR mode and hide behind data protection. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In our case logging on and indeed registering simply does not work unless you can read pictures. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Sometimes ignorance is bliss Brian.

For every> In our case logging on and indeed registering simply does not work unless

Reply to
Andrew

Brian, GP surgerys are mostly private practises and the GPs so-called self-employed, so they decide what sort of computer systems to use.

Presumably if we ever leave the EU, GDPR can be given the heave-ho and replaced with someth> Its a shambles due to each surgery having been allowed to do its own thing

Reply to
Andrew

PS

If you want to know what a shambles the NHS is, listen to 'Inside Health' on R4 at 33:30 PM every wednesday. Program 1 from July 3rd is all about 'deprescribing'.

Apparently there are over a million 'older people' taking 8 types of pills a day. One old bloke said he needed a wheelbarrow to collect his.

Now some doctors are actually making an effort to identify people who are taking pills for historical reason when they no longer need them.

As always, it boils down to some doctors being scared of being sued if they don't prescribe what the patient wants, or patients being seen by multiple medical teams for different reasons who each prescribe a drug for their specialty, without really considering the side-effects of pills that another doctor has prescribed.

Reply to
Andrew

No

"Patient access (right tab) In partnership with NHS"

"Welcome to XYZ Surgery"

Reply to
tim...

and are the NHS adressing this point?

I've said all along that these sites are written at the level of a school boy's hobby site

but they should be taking accessibility into account

tim

Reply to
tim...

GDPR originated in the UK, so that's very unlikely

Reply to
charles

As I said previously, they do see to have got this interface right

This is a client-server situation

The surgery software is the server and the web program the client

My surgery will allow me to access their server through half a dozen different clients (without asking me which I am using)

This wouldn't be possible at all if the CS interface wasn't already well defined and locked down

tim

Reply to
tim...

It is people friendly

that it is NOT company friendly is a VERY VERY good thing

tim

Reply to
tim...

IMHO

Patients who want to be overprescribed are idiots, and if they don't want help to stop poisoning themselves with legal drugs they can go stew in their own juice

tim

Reply to
tim...

Very true. And electricity companies, being private bodies, should be allowed to supply any spec of electricity they fancy. And so on.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)