OT: 'Our Energy'. Is it going to work?

Paying out to shareholders before investing in the future is what killed most of the UK owned manufacturing industry. If you are interested, look at how Germany invested in its car industry versus the UK in UK owned ones.
Hence there not being any UK owned major car maker left. Or very little else, come to that.
Of course it's now all 'let's put Britain first' Provided you can do this without investment.
--
*I'm planning to be spontaneous tomorrow *

On Monday, 20 February 2017 14:03:46 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Tel us how they did then just after the war as we were paying back thre USA by giving them theen jet engine, and we were still paying them back until 2006 !
Look up teh marshal plan and teh 130 billion dollars (equiv) where did that come from?

Are you saying Germany is only a successful manufacturing country because it got handouts from the US? If not, please explain what you do mean.
It's also odd the US has that vast rust belt if it got handouts from us.
--
*I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter

On Monday, 20 February 2017 15:24:09 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Pretty much and don't forget Japan.

Handouts or loan repayment and remind me where the USA got it rocket scient ists from.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reconstruction_of_Germany In 1947, the Marshall Plan, initially known as the "European Recovery Progr am" was initiated. In the years 1947-1952, some $13 billion of economic and technical assistance—-equivalent to around $130 billion in 2006? ??were allocated to Western Europe. Despite protests from many benefici aries, the Marshall Plan, although in the less generous form of loans, was in 1949 extended to also include the newly formed West Germany. In the year s 1949-1952, West Germany received loans which totaled $1.45 billion, equiv alent to around $14.5 billion in 2006.

Japan is more complicated. What really got the Jap economy going again was the US choosing to buy a lot of the low level stuff used in the Korean War from Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan#Loans_and_grants

And if he does mean that, perhaps he can explain how it is we're where we are, given that we got more than twice as much money from the Marshall Plan as Germany (and indeed, more than any other recipient).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall_Plan#Expenditures
--
Today is Sweetmorn, the 51st day of Chaos in the YOLD 3183
I don't have an attitude problem.