OT: Onions from Australia! WTF!

OTOH I've heard it said that shipping green beans from africa, out of season, uses less energy than heating greenhouses in Europe to grow them locally.

Robert

Reply to
rmlaws54

It's not really the fact that it was a horse that worried people like me, it was that it had bypassed all the QC system so probably it was horsemeat that was unfit to eat.

Reply to
rmlaws54

the video didn't conclusively show them falsifying the dates, It showed them taking off one (older) label from a crate and putting on a new one. That might have been the correct thing to do at that point for all we know.

Reply to
rmlaws54

we get some of our potatoes from Sahara in Egypt.

whisky-dave

Readily available in Chinese restaraunts.

Reply to
PeterC

Under the Chow Mein section of the Menu.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Never tried buffalo, and now I probably will not.

Kangaroo and ostrich are nice.

Reply to
ARW

Some lucky bastard sat down and ate Shergar. That was not a cheap horse.

Reply to
ARW

Is there nothing you won't put in your mouth? Read that as you see fit...

ROFL!

Reply to
pamela

Brandy. Horrible stuff.

I am taking the explorers out rabbiting in a few weeks time. They will have to kill, skin, cook and eat their rabbits.

It always ends in tears for a couple of them.

Reply to
ARW

Don't be put off so easily. I find buffalo perfectly edible (though pricey!). But then, despite Beecham's advice, I even tried English folk dancing in 1971 ;)

Reply to
Robin

Try a French one:-)

Talking of horses and thick people - my late Grandmother once told me about her helping a police officer drag a dead horse (around the year

1945) from Lower Castlereagh Street to Wellington Street in Barnsley.

After they had dragged the dead horse around the corner (with help from others) it turned out the police officer did this because he did not know how to spell Castlereagh and thought that it would we easier to drag the horse onto Wellington Street as he could spell Wellington and then fill in his note book saying he found the dead horse on Wellington Street.

Reply to
ARW

MM. Do you know how much food is irradiated to kill bugs?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher
[51 lines snipped]

I have. It's very nice.

Agreed.

Reply to
Huge

+1
Reply to
DerbyBorn

Brussels sprouts...

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

In Doncaster that is the St Sepulchre Gate joke.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

So it has a sporting chance of running away.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I don't expect the rabbits enjoy it much either.

Is this the week before or after their "looking after cuddly animals" badge?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog