OT On fracking (economics)

A perfect example of people moving with the times.

A very profound decision not to burn witches, although it no doubt had little effect on the population at the time, the forward thinking of those in power was quite amazing.

Can you imagine the problems if we still burnt witches? These are not usually nubile young ravers so beloved of you Sun readers, but wizened old crones with dodgy teeth and copious quantities of mercury and the like filling the cavities.

So it is ecological not to burn witches, replacing withches is also a difficult task which consumes a lot of energy and rescources. Far better to retain those witches and try to get them to channel their powers into a more beneficial line. A bit like that which was attempted with May and Farage.

It's a pity that the rehabilitation has such poor results, but at least the good ladies are not polluting the environment with couldron rinsings.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

For your "good self" and any other idiots out there:

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

:-)

Reply to
newshound

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

A bit like the silly doddering old fossil woman who was complaining about the launch of some spacecraft (New Horizons? can't remember) which used a Pu238 generator for electrical power. "Oh, we shouldn't be putting radioactive stuff into space", she bleated.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Bad luck Tarquin. Burning witches went out a couple of hundred years ago. Eco-bollox is all you have left.

Reply to
Tim Streater

People have never burnt witches, they don't exist. People have murdered others in the name of witchcraft.

Reply to
dennis

AIUI some of the early operations in the US used the fracking wells as a great way to dispose of polluted industrial waste water. Now the whole industry is tarred with that brush.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Tell that to the witches!

Reply to
alan_m

I bet you think that it causes water taps that you can light as well.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

OPEC deliberately over supplied to push oil prices down to try and bankrupt the American shale industry, but unfortunately bankrupted Venezuela They (narrowly) failed and were forced to give in.

Reply to
bert

Utter bollocks. More tremors from house building than fracking. In article <qam2me$bnt$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, Brian Gaff snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes

Well you get to spend it on useless windmills and solar panels and gas plant standing idle.

Reply to
bert

In article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq snipped-for-privacy@mail.com writes

You do indeed.

Quantities of cash for pension funds and taxes to pay for services..

You mean left wing MPs?

Reply to
bert

Why would I think that?

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

One of the favourite myths peddled by the anti-fracking brigade - fracking will result in methane coming out of your water tap.

Reply to
bert

Fine, not bad!

At least windmills dont pollute quite so badly and the rescources are still available for future generations.

Solar panels are fine also, depends on type as to how environmentally friendly they are.

People adapt.

Look at eskimos. They were doing quite well before "civilisation" came along.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

There is little enthusiasm for taxes unless it is used to support those that already have plenty.

No I dont, although I have little doubt that they see their "public service" as a gravy train ride too.

The real trough hoggers are the tories, who have spent so long looking after their own interests, running the country is totally alien to them.

Look at Brexit.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Methinks the Economist isn't too untrustworthy.

Nothing wrong with leaving the gas where it is. The waste of energy that goes on is ridiculous.

There is no justification in frittering away the earths fossil fuels if alternative strategies are available.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Wait until you've been in a proper earthquake or two where you have to get under your desk.

Reply to
Tim Streater