Objection to mast - best way to object a Vodafone contractor proposing to erect a mast

Yet again. This is the basis of the scaremongering. Throw out reasonable debate and substitute an allegation of a health scare which is impossible to prove or disprove. Then keep repeating the allegation. It just plays on the fears of the ill informed.

Reply to
Howard Neil

Something to do with all the cheap alchohol at the uni bar you think?

Steve

Reply to
Steve

about a MAST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Plus, if the phone is closer to a mast then less RF will be emitted from the phone............

Steve

Reply to
Steve

No never!, I'm totally contained in a sealed lead box.....

Reply to
tony sayer

What companies or in what areas of telecoms do the people replying work in?

Personally I work for a company working to one of the networks on there GSM network, I&c&I of Nokia BTS's (although not for Nokia)

You?

Reply to
Steve

He did. or was it Play it Sam. Yes it was "Play it Sam". See I said it again.

Reply to
IMM

I used to work for an outfit called BT, I think they do telecoms.

Security guard these days.

Reply to
michael turner

will kemp wrote: ...snipped

...snipped

I'm getting a little tired of saying this but "NO IT ISN'T", read the Doll report, NRPB reports, Ivy League reports or any other reputable report. If you have a reference to a reputable study, peer-reviewed paper then please tell us.

Reply to
Dave

Those of us who read uk.d-i-y - where you cross-posted this - don't necessarily work in *any* area of telecoms.

If others in uk.d-i-y feel that it would be useful if we all provided a personal profile, I'd have no objection to that.

Reply to
Set Square

Staring at that radiation-emitting computer screen...!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

In message , IMM writes

How do you manage to get it wrong every time ?

a link to what he ACTUALLY said

Reply to
raden

In message , Gizmo writes

Doesn't the power drop off to the third power, i.e. at 10 metres from an antenna, the power/ area is 1/1000th of the power at 1 metre?

Reply to
raden

Are you saying they will fall down on you?

It is not that the mast that might cause any problem, but the R.F. that comes from the antennae that are attached to them.

As a radio amateur of more that 25 years experience, I can assure you that the RF that you get from your mobile phone, as you hold it close to your head/body, you will sustain many times more radiation than any mobile phone mast can give you. A mast is just too far away; to give you any radiation problems.

The way to look at this, is to think of a torch beam. If the beam is along side your head and you are looking into it, you will be blinded. If you look at this beam from about 20 foot, you will hardly notice it. This is the same of Radio Frequency at near microwave frequencies.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Does it?

How?

Dave

Reply to
Dave

raden wrote: [...]

No, to the second power, hence the name: inverse *square* law.

Reply to
Peter Corlett

Oh dear - what about the noisy mains and higher frequencies getting down the cable into the PC you are sitting in front of?

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

In message , Gizmo writes

Darwin strikes again.