Objection to mast - best way to object a Vodafone contractor proposing to erect a mast

I was under the impression the frequency heard was higher that 207 Hz though.... perhaps not, I shall listen carefully next time.

(Not having looked at the operation of GSM stacks in any detail, I was under the impression what you heard was the uncoded frame rate rather than the TDM frequency, still you learn something every day (one hopes!))

Reply to
John Rumm

Which, a transmitter or a pace maker?

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

good point. you win!

will

Reply to
will kemp

Which is why people with pacemakers are advised not to get close to the transmitter cabinets themselves. Once outside the distance to the magnetic field generators is increased by a large factor and the field strength by the cube of that factor.

Reply to
Brian Morrison

Capitol reckoned that...

No answers were found because there is no issue! Your friend is in far more danger (if any at all) from a mobile phone rather than a BTS.

Reply to
Jon

Indeed. Since the whole building was stuffed with various examples of them it was probably good advice. Having said that the RF alone can get all sorts of places you don't want it in digital circuits, obviously during development one is tring to eliminate any unwanted effects as a result of this.

The bit that had me a tad worried once was when they were searching for the cause of a flashover failure inside a cabinet on a 1MW amp. Which rather then going for the nice old fashioned solution (a pile of pinhole cameras stuffed inside it), they decided that a high speed video camera pointed into the cabinet would do the trick. Problem was this required disabling the interlocks on the (lead lined) door, and leaving it open a enough to point the lens in! That was the time I decided a coffee break in another building was good move!

Reply to
John Rumm

Inverse square again.

Once in the building you can presumably get very close to the transmitters where it may well be dangerous if you have a pacemaker fitted. Outside and at normal distances for anyone with a pacemaker, there's no danger.

MBQ

Reply to
MBQ

I just bought a new answering machine (BT Response 75) and it says in the instructions that it shouldn't be used by people with pacemakers..!

What the hell is in there, it's an answerphone for God's sake..?!!

Ivor

Reply to
Ivor Jones

Except that it was a large building - at any of the entrances you were at least 10 to 20 meters from any of the kit, but stand by the right window outside and you were less than a meter from one side of a 1 MW amp (having said that it as about 3x5m square and 2.5m+ tall, so working out which bit had the most objectionable parts in it was not as obvious as you might think. When running with all covers in place the actual amps themselves should not pose any real risk, although you would not want to get too close to the dummy loads they were driving, or the cooling systems.

Reply to
John Rumm

Telecoms equipment vendor. We make kit that does stuff with phone calls and text messages.

Slacker.

Reply to
slacker

For my self. I make a pretty good living out of it.

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , BigWallop writes

Work? Wossat?

I have people to do that for me - far too busy reading uk-diy

Reply to
raden

How DO you change the battery on a pacemaker? Is it fitted with PP3-type press-studs outside your body?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

It's a sealed unit - when the battery starts to die they change the whole thing. Although they used to make rechargables that were charged with an induction loop placed against the skin.

Reply to
Rob Morley

I think I read about some (well shielded) nuclear powered ones using a decaying isotope being developed. Not sure how successful these were.

Reply to
G&M