Objection to mast - best way to object a Vodafone contractor proposing to erect a mast

A Mast is much bigger, hence the cloud would be bigger,yes?

Reply to
sPoNiX

If you overdose on Aspirin you will die. Talking more on top will not change that.

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

| On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 20:09:21 +0100, Dave Fawthrop | wrote: | | >On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 18:29:40 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@holyrood.ed.ac.uk (Chris | >Malcolm) wrote: | >

| >| snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sPoNiX) writes: | >| | >| >On 26 Oct 2004 11:47:54 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@isbd.co.uk wrote: | >| | >| >>... er, yes, but this relates to the use of a mobile phone next to | >| >>your ear, not the presence of a mobile phone cell transmitter at the | >| >>end of the street. | >| | >| >So *if* the RF given off by a mobile phone is dangerous then there is | >| >surely a *theoretical* risk from masts? | >| | >| So do the sums! Work out how close you'd have to stand to the mast to | >| suffer the same radiation exposure! | >

| >They can not do simple math, which is why they talk such a load of rubbish. | | So what you are saying is that the radiation from a mast reduces to | nil if you stand more than a few metres away?

Clearly you can not read either.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

Whoa! Read what I have written! All I was doing was passing on one of the alternative theories as to possible risks with masts.

I never said I did or didn't believe it!

sPoNiX

Reply to
sPoNiX

Where did I say that I believed in "athermal effects"

Reply to
sPoNiX

Where did I say that?

Reply to
sPoNiX

Since TETRA uses TDMA and not FDMA, would you please explain where 18Hz frequency comes into the equation?

Reply to
Howard Neil

Don Spumey reckoned that...

How would you define "problems"?

Reply to
Jon

Whuh? You said "it is a fact".

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff Winkless

sPoNiX reckoned that...

What kind of particles do you refer to?

Reply to
Jon

I call troll. No-one could possibly be as ill-informed or as unable to grasp the concept of an opposing argument without deliberate intention.

"It is impossible to reason someone out of something that he did not reason himself into in the first place."

Geoff Winkless

Tristán White reckoned that...

And hence much less power output from your handset.

of NIMBY.

Of course they pay rent, going rate is upwards of £6k a year.

Reply to
Jon

will kemp reckoned that...

PC's give off fumes eh? What kind of fumes?

Reply to
Jon

Rick Dipper reckoned that...

Quite the reverse actually, a network will look at a map of a populated area and think "why don't we have any customers here?" and the answer is "because we have no signal, let's erect a BTS".

Also, yer average vodafone BTS is good for around 6-7 miles across open ground, so that's several thousand people for you to convince to leave a network.

Reply to
Jon

Ahah! The placebo effect in reverse! I'd love to have seen their faces!

Reply to
Jon

various VOCs (volatile organic compounds), in common with most plasticy manufactured stuff. but the main problem seems to be PBDEs (polybrominated diphenyl ethers) and PBBs (polybrominated biphenyls) - which are used as flame retardants. they've been banned by the EU for use in new electrical and electronic equipment put on the market from 1 July 2006, however, if you want to get a lungful of them now - while you still can - just take a deep breath when you're sitting in front of your computer!

for a bit more information on the reasons for this ban, have a look at:

will kemp

Bless! Looks so much like a troll, I won't even bother commenting on such claptrap.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

RF is NON ionising, which is what the tree huggers don't bother to note.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

That is a direct heating effect. Different altogether. You could make the same observation about touching an electric fire element.

I recommend that you actually look into the physics of RF before frightening yourself with bogeymen.

Reply to
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

Or your television, or your Hi-Fi, or your washing machine, or your dishwasher, or your telephone, or your car, ..........

Reply to
usenet