OT nuclear power in UK

I have a faint memory of buying an early pocket sized transistor radio which was affordable and Russian made and a Zenit camera at around the same time. Bit worrying now come to think of it, it was from a guy who worked at RR but I don't think he was Russian.

Reply to
AnthonyL

The Zenit was OK, but the lenses on the Zorki 4 were superb, especially the 50 mm F2.

Reply to
newshound

Back in the day (1980s)I bought second hand an £850 zoom by Angenieux for a manual nikon.

It was pretty much the best zoom available at that time.

Today a plasticky piece of autofuck-us Nikon shit with VR outperforms it at todays price of less than £200....

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Russia seems to have a different take on some things to the West. Particularly in science.

Back in the 1980s, when I worked for British Gas, one of our team was on almost permanent secondment to the Russian energy supplier (as one of the worlds experts in pipeline dynamics). I had a chance to meet him at a do somewhere, and he said that the Russians were convinced that there was a layer of trapped methane beneath the Earth's crust, which he found amusing.

I sometimes wonder if they were referring to shale gas ?

Reply to
Jethro_uk