OT Mystery object

Why do you think he said think "apart from the obvious"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

It warns intruders that they are toast, if they enter.

Reply to
Bob Eager

He was asking, "What is it for?" not "What is it?"

Reply to
Max Demian

It might have blank in it.

ARW

OK, I googled 'crazy Jim in Scotland' & couldn't find anything -- what are you talking about?

Reply to
Adam Funk

Liver transplant Jim who uses this group like his personal Twatter account to post off topic crap and internet links with no explanation. : "Jim GM4DHJ ..." snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

perhaps it is a DIY clay pidgeon launcher ? :-)

Reply to
Andrew

Close. Work in progress.

Reply to
ARW

In that case, I suggest it's a sign for the owner's friends. He can invite them to visit via the towpath gate, and say "it's got a toaster over the gate!" to distinguish it amongst all the other identical gates with no numbers.

Reply to
Dave W

OK, thanks for the explanation.

Reply to