OT MEP expenses

"The European Parliament has decided to keep the public in the dark when it comes to how MEPs spend ?40m a year of taxpayer money on restaurants, hotels, travel and other daily expenses.

"The decision on Monday (2 July), made behind closed doors by the parliament's Bureau, which consists of the president and vice-presidents, comes after a year of debates on whether to increase transparency over the ?4,400 each MEP receives a month in spending cash."

And yet people here persist in thinking of the EU as "democratic". And see my .sig.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Perhaps Nigel Farage will spill the beans on what he gets as an MEP.

That's meaningless. Although it may look good on a T-shirt.

Ensures? Maybe in an autocracy.

Reply to
pamela

The problem with goblin Streater is that he chooses to ignore things like that (and NFs EU pension etc), or any benefits we gain from our EU membership and he (and his kind) will cut off all our noses to satisfy his personal (and still highly questionable) crusade.

*We* had loads of MP's claming bogus expenses (and I'm not accepting that the MEP expenses are bogus, even if they may be extravagant) but we sorted them.

Most of what he comes out with is meaningless to the vast majority of the Uk. ;-)

You will find examples of human greed everywhere ... but what we don't know is if every instance is just the cheap grease that oils the wheels that end up saving us fortunes and improving the lives of many. Would we prefer it different? Of course we would, but not at 'any' real world cost.

Of course in the goblins world there wouldn't be any greed or certainly greedy people in power ... but that's only ever likely on whatever planet he goes on to terraform and populate when the Remainers launch him off this one (with our one remaining Ark). The only reason they won't is that they probably won't be able to afford to, thanks to him. ;-(

In the meantime, the reasonable people will question, protest and force change, something *much* easier done from the inside ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Thank God we're *finally* leaving! These parasites can suck someone else's blood for a change.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

What evidence is there for any significant change from the inside in the past 40 years?

Cameron asked for changes before the referendum and was told to f*ck off.

Reply to
alan_m

What evidence of any changes that were requested and denied against the views on all the member states over the past 40 years?

And can you confirm what he asked for was any more reasonable than we are still asking for and haven't been given because it may not be considered 'fair and reasonable' by the other member states?

"We want caviar not oranges on the half time break or we will take our ball home".

And that's fine, as long as we can actually afford caviar once we are playing on our own (or even oranges) and not a single leaver could assure us that we could / can.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

4 counts of fraud for the Leave campaign re electoral law? That *should* have the likes of Streater up un arms, knowing how keen he is on democracy and the voting system ... not to mention the Russians ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

And of course his idol Rees Mogg one of the worst offenders. Milking the system for every penny. You'd have thought it would tell him what sort of man he really was.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You got a hotline to the cabinet now? Had the decision been changed about paying into the EU budget after we officially leave?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Of course.

Yup, they only see (insurmountable) issues in *everything else*.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Caneron didn't get all he asked for but he still got many concessions such as an opt-out from ever closer union to protect sovereignty, guarantees that non-Eurozone countries wouldn't get asked to help with bail outs, four year limit on in-work benefits for migrants, etc.

He wanted more and should have got more.

Reply to
pamela

These are all minor and revokable.

What is actually needed is scrapping the EU Parl, the Commission, and all treaties back to Maastricht. And remove any mention of ever closer union from any remaining treaties. Back, IOW, to what people voted to be part of in 1975.

Reply to
Tim Streater

What would be better is to shut the thing down completely, and then reintroduce ONLY the bits that ALL countries by referendum agree on without exception.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You must be the least practical person I know. Odd given you claim to have been an engineer of some sort.

It's rather obvious in the UK that the reasons people voted leave were very different. For a simple yes /no question. What chance is there of getting all the citizens of 28 countries to agree on 'crossing the Ts'?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just burn it down; all of it, the whole ghastly thing.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Let's see what terms are agreed by the second referendum.

Reply to
pamela