OT Macdonalds

Maybe they've done a cost/benefit analysis..

Reply to
Jim K..

You really know how to show a girl a good time....

Reply to
Jim K..

Does the console offer to "supersize that"?

Reply to
Jim K..

Does the UK have the system in mcDonalds where you are supposed to use a console instead of ordering at the counter? (like Australia?)

Reply to
FMurtz

Yup, for a few years now.

means you can hire staff with zero English.

Also means all orders are effectively "special", so get delivered at the same time.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I've seen them in the branches located in Motorway Services.

Reply to
alan_m

I don't know what Australia has, but most MacDonald's in the UK now have a big vertical touchscreen. There's also a barcode scanner so you can scan newspaper vouchers or bus tickets for the £1.99 deals.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Local Morrisons supermarket has one for their cafe.

Reply to
bert

If they do then no blind person could eat there. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well they must also have a staff back up for blind users unless the device talks. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Even if it talked you wouldn't know where to tap or swipe.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

For anyone who has to enter a McDonald's, especially now the schools have broken up, blindness is probably advantageous.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

AIUI, the touch screen is an alternative to ordering at the counter, rather than a replacement. I can't confirm from personal experience as I have only eaten in a Macdonald's once in my life and that was in 2000. It was the only place in Verona open on New Year's Eve.

Reply to
nightjar

I have never had any problem ordering at the counter, in fact I would say the time to order is now quicker with no queues as many use the ordering screens.

Reply to
Fredxx

I don?t know if it applies in all countries but often their sites are one of the places you can find a reasonably usable toilet, worth having a coffee or something to eat to get access though at least in the UK many can be used without making a purchase if you just go in and head for them.

A bit cheeky but it balances out that when we do a litter pick around the village we often collect debri strewn from a car that one of their less responsible customers has decided to chuck out of the window.

GH

Reply to
Marland

Please tell me that you are not intending to come to visit the UK and then eat in a McDonald's?

Reply to
ARW

I have not eaten in a McDonalds for a while. I sometimes eat and drink in Wetherspoons with the gf. Want a drink and the bar is busy? Sit down at a table, order via your phone and have the drinks brought to you. It will be on the table in less than 10 minutes or you can start to complain about the time. The staff hate table drinks service.

As for the food. I don't think that in the 6 last six times we have eaten there we have not complained about something.

  1. item is missing of the plate (like the eggs from the breakfast)
  2. over cooked
  3. under cooked
  4. cold
  5. wrong portion size - although we would say nothing if it was over portioned and it was not over or under cooked and not cold - but that has never happened.
  6. completely the wrong order to the wrong table
Reply to
ARW

ARW

Have you been to London? Have you eaten in London?

It does not have to be expensive.

Reply to
ARW

I haven't eaten anything from a Macdonalds in over 30 years. There once was an outlet in Southend where they stored all their empty plastic bread trays and delivery cages in an open yard at the back of the shop. After pub closing a large number of people used the alleyway as a urinal and took great delight in pissing the assembled equipment that would have been returned to a central distribution centre.

Reply to
alan_m