OT: Kids today....

That must leave me in the middle, then. Old enough to recognise the references and young enough to know the slang.

Reply to
John Williamson

I put it down to being 'cool' John :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Neither do I :-)

Would he know the connection between a biro & a C60 cassette?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Or more likely a C120

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

The daughter in question is on the left, the paramedic daughter, just wed, on the right.

about the red eye.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Local bus numbers a few years ago!

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Radio Caroline & radio London (on MW)

Tim

Reply to
Tim

RNI

Reply to
Hugh - Was Invisible

How did the speech go?

Any particular bons mots you wish to share with us?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

It went down an absolute storm! I did use a few of your gags as well!

I come from a performing arts background so I do enjoy public speaking.

Didn't buy myself a drink all night - every time I got near the bar someone would grab me & say what a great speech it was & bought me a drink!

Highlight of the day; waiting at the hotel with bride, bridesmaids, mums. Saw one people carrier taxi arrive, wondered where the second one was.

Suddenly a Range Rover Discovery ramped up in London Ambulance yellow/green hi viz, blue lights on roof & yellow bows pulls up. Out steps Dan, a DSO mate of Becky's.

"Your wedding car Bex" he announced. Dan & the groom were the only people to know about it. All within the rules, permission granted by very high up boss in LAS.

Staff & guests at hotel gobsmacked. Drove to the venue, Lympne Castle, as we entered the drive Dan told me to push a blue button - and the flashing blue lights came on!

Guests & staff at venue also gobsmacked!.

Great day.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Glad it all went well

Good thoughts for the happy couple future happiness

Avpx

Reply to
The Nomad

I'm glad someone is awake :-)

Reply to
News

After wondering about a bit that ended up on 220, plus FM and Shortwave transmitters. The Swiss owners later sold the ship complete with transmitters to libya. That may or may not have been the only things they sold there. Bits manufactured by their electronics company were allegedly found amongst the wreckage of Pan Am flight 103 .

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Wikipedia's got a concise history:-

are still putting out programs on t'interwebs:-

rni.web.ms

While you're at it:-

(Radio Caroline)

Reply to
John Williamson

I'm not sure he would even know what a C60 cassette is! He does look in wonder at my LPs, and has probably never seen one played.

Reply to
News

I think what NP is saying that he's married!!

Reply to
Fredxx