OT ish; Unlocking an Android tablet

Granddaughter has a cheap no name Android tablet - and has forgotten the

4 digit password.

It only appears to have a power button and a volume control.

You get 5 attempts at entering a password, then you have to wait 30 seconds to try again.

Google has not been my friend.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well if it was an iphone I'd say that there are ways of doing a hard reset that will force it back to factory settings. Maybe something similar is possible.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

curious

michael adams

michael adams

Assuming it is a digit only password then there are 10000 of them.

Tell her to start at 0000 and work upwards by brute force. It will take about 2000 x 30s or 1000 minutes to do it by brute force. It will certainly teach her patience.

Or get her to try and remember what digits were definitely in it.

If she can remember all the digits in the passkey then it reduces to 4! = 24 ~ under 3 minutes.

I presume you have already tried obvious ones like 1234 0000 1111 etc.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Get her a Lego Mindstorms set and help her to build a robot to try each combination in turn.

-- Richard

Reply to
Richard Tobin

Birthday/date of birth, part of phone number, bank card pin?

Reply to
The Other John

Have you tried suggestions on this page

you might have to do a bit of image searching to identify the manufacturer

Reply to
CB

So its just numbers then? Probably something obvious. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff