Cheap Android tablet, cannot click on screen button

I picked up a used low spec. Huawei Mediapad T1 7.0 as a cheap, dedicated display for my brewing activities. Basically a gadget sends the monitored gravity, to Brewspy, then I can log into the Brewspy server, to see the progress.

I already had Brewspy working via Bluestacks on my PC and on an even older tablet, which I had rooted and installed standard Android on, but both were terrible slow to use with Brewspy.

The Mediapad works fine with all the installed apps, I can click on on screen buttons fine, except for Brewspy.

Brewspy, before it can get to my account, needs me to fill in my email address and my password. I fill those details in and below is a LOGIN button, a CREATE ACCOUNT and FORGOT PASSWORD buttons. Trying to click any of these buttons, produces nothing at all - no reaction.

I think I only need to get Brewspy past the login stage and then it will work fine, but how??

As a work around, I tried to connect a bluetooth keyboard. The Mediapad sees the keyboard, but refused to pair with it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

lick your finger

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher explained on 02/03/2021 :

Nah - As I said the screen buttons work fine with all the other apps, apart from this one single app.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Doesn't the virtual keyboard have something like an arrow or return button?

USB keyboard plugged in via an OTG adapter?

Reply to
Max Demian

Just 2 random thoughts:

Have you tried while connected to the internet?

Have you installed any other apps since buying the tablet - just so you know there's not a problem with news app generally?

Reply to
Robin

Max Demian laid this down on his screen :

Yes, but it just causes the keyboard to disappear, nothing else.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Yes, it has a good wifi connection.

No, but it did update all of it's built in apps. I could try another app.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Clear the cache.

Reply to
Rambo

done that a couple of times..

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Its more likely their server isnt responding given it's the only app that doesn't work.

Reply to
Fred

That?s mad, he doesn?t need to with the other apps.

Reply to
Fred

Try installing a different keyboard app (eg Google's Gboard or Microsoft's Swiftkey) from Google Play, then make it as the default in Settings.

Reply to
Reentrant

Fred wrote on 02/03/2021 :

Once the details have been set up, there is no need to re-enter them in Brewspy - they seem to be stored. My two other copies of Brewspy are able to connect to the server without any problems and show data from a previous brew. Which suggests the server itself is OK.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

So are you saying its a physical fault on part of the screen or could it be the web site buttons which are not touch screen friendly? if the latter then the owner of the site needs to fix it I'd have thought. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I think he's saying it's a perfectly good touchscreen, but that one app is not responding to events from the on-screen keyboard.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I meant the server isnt responding to the login button tap.

Yes, that is the evidence that the server itself isnt the problem.

Likely the problem is that the config of that tablet isnt able to access the server properly for some reason. Check the basic settings for which DNS is being used on the one that works and the one that doesn't and stuff like that.

Reply to
Fred

It happens that Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated :

I have been in touch with the softwares author and it turned out to be an incompatibility between the software and the earlier version of Android on the pad. He has fixed that issue, the login button is now working, but it thows up another issue with the login server.

So still not quite there...

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.