OT: Is Russ Andrews branching out?

When I looked there were links to other audio related items, plus Tuscan milk, a book called 'how to avoid huge ships', and this:- (oh, and that page had a link to this one:- !)

Reply to
docholliday93

In article , Baz scribeth thus

No your browser is fine it really is priced over 3 big uns...

Yes.. 'tho gullible is nearer the word I'd use.

To believe all that junk science and the hollyhocks re EMC.

I can run a mobile phone around 2 feet away from my rather simple Audiolab 8000A that drives the computer speakers and guess what?.

Nothing, absolutely nothing at all..

EMC problems, least under real world conditions, were ironed out a long time ago. And when I used to work in Pro Audio it was hardly a concern then, just competent design and never a problem there either..

Reply to
tony sayer

That's for the 1m cable - it also comes as a 2m length

Reply to
alan

But their cable has a null at the '700MHz mobile phone' frequency. Funny that, because phones in the UK work at 800/900/1800/2100/2600.

If you blast something with enough power RF it /will/ leak through - even at

-100dB but it's there. But it doesn't mean you can actually hear the difference.

More fun with spectra (and log scales):

Hands up if you can hear 0.01% THD+N? Because that's the noise from a standard mains cable. Their GBP3000 cable has a THD+N of 0.0034% - if you can hear that difference I'm sure NASA could use you for SETI...

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

Rather amusing.. still did the ASA ever say sorry we were wrong?.

Of all the RF sources ever likely to affect domestic audio the worst will be a mobile phone and the answer is simple .. turn the freaking thing OFF!!..

Indeed .. they must be having a larff too;)...

Reply to
tony sayer

"700MHz is the digital phone frequency"

FFS it's clear someone must be buying his wares because he has to be on a mind altering drug to come up with crap like that!

Reply to
The Other Mike

Some would say it's nothing to do with selling massively overpriced hi-fi accessories to stupid customers. It has to be a cover for something else.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Are you suggesting that you supply details of the hit when you order the cable and that's how the payment is laundered?

Reply to
dennis

laundering drug money?

My Mexican taxi driver pointed to the strip of beach hotel in Cancun 'All colombian drug money built those' he grinned' good for economy, no?'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes, it could be along those lines, after all they do let you fill in "special instructions" during checkout. I'm sure there used to be a picture of Russ Andrews stroking a white long haired pussy with a diamond collar in their adverts :)

Reply to
The Other Mike