OT: Is Russ Andrews branching out?

For reasons that I cannot (and will not!) begin to fathom, on that page, in the "Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed" section, was a link to another Amazon product page:

Anyway, back to the cable. I thought that Ethernet cable was bidirectional. If that is so what the hell does it mean to "Use the conductors in the direction which reduces distoration!" ?

Reply to
polygonum

Damn. Only one left. I needed a pair.

Reply to
Graham.

I expect the crystals (!) are aligned longitudinally. Naturally, individually and by hand.

Reply to
Bob Eager

When you find the other one, you'll also need a few of these:-

To make sure that the power to your bits is as clean as possible. You'll need enough to go all the way to the substation, though.

I wonder is they'll work on 230V 50Hz, or is the structure optimised for

60Hz?
Reply to
John Williamson

And that other link led to this:

Customer reviews on both are towards the pretty darned good end of the scale.

Reply to
polygonum

It doesn't matter because we've discussed the UK versions from Russ Andrews before...the USA ones are a bit more expensive, no doubt due to the higher current capacity...

Bob Eager

Cue another load of emails from amazon 'we saw that you may be interested in'

Reply to
The Other Mike

Never had one from amazon.com.

Reply to
polygonum

The metal crystals are all oriented the same way. The electrons know this, you see, and appreciate it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Probably something like a link in a B3ta newsletter. They link odd amazon products once in a while.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

See, it has Science and everything:

Theo

Reply to
Theo Markettos

It shows that at audio frequencies that there is little difference between a cable costing

Reply to
alan

If I am looking at things right, the PowerKords are worse than mains cable... There again it is not always easy to understand what pseudo-science is actually saying.

Reply to
polygonum

On Sunday 18 August 2013 22:12 polygonum wrote in uk.d-i-y:

and mains is as dirty as hell, so all a "perfect" power cord will do is transmit the dirt more faithfully, for the PSU to clean up.

Do people really think a better mains cord will help?

Reply to
Tim Watts

they think that windmills stop non-existent global warming.

So anything is possible.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I wonder how the results would compare at the output side of a typical PSU?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Don't you need a different mains cable if you are on a green tariff rather than a nuke tariff. I mean the electrons must be greener and be better behaved.

Reply to
dennis

Something wrong with my browser. Price is showing as over 3k !!!

"Burn In" is only 15 quid. Save waiting 500 hours for an improvement.

Are people that stupid ???????

Baz

Reply to
Baz

Yes.

Otherwise, how does Andrew make a living?

Reply to
Huge