£200 chopping board from Russ Andrews

"This raises the speed of reaction to the feedback energy and as a result reduces the time smear?"

Blimey.

Reply to
Andrew

It's an audio equipment platform for resting stuff, which achieves extra stability by exploiting the latest Ancient Babylonian technology

<quote>

low-profile Jumbo Cone Feet, which are affixed to the underside of the platform in a three-point configuration.

</quote>

i.e. it's got three legs, just like a milking stool.

michael adams

michael adams

Cutting through the technobabble, it appears to be a lightweight stand for your digital hifi equipment. Probably made from balsa wood. File under "gullible".

Reply to
Custos Custodum

Manufactured by virgin mermaids in an oxygen free atmosphere. (oops sorry that is his infamous speaker cable)

Some sort of lightweight composite on a three point support. Various acoustically dead materials will be at least as good or better. It used to matter a lot in the old days of record turntables and loud music.

You have to admire his pricing policy which is to charge at least as much as the audiophools will pay for it and then some...

The advertising prose seems to have been written by Mystic Meg.

Reply to
Martin Brown

A classic example of audiophoolery.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

I think he should move into renewable energy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

'Too expensive to meter'.

Reply to
PeterC

How about this?

R Souls

I bet he has a field day with fibre optic cables as well. Admittedly there is such a thing as what he eludes to, its just that as we all know it matters not one iota when compared to the many processes the audio goes through both before and after his inventions. I wonder if he really believes or is just deliberately conning people into thinking such things can be heard? Kings new clothes and all that. The Placebo effect. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

Maybe I need one for my vintage CD100 philips cd player to stop it jumpig when you walk across the floor. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

I made an anti microphony mount may years ago from a sheet of veneered chipboard and some rubber grommets glued on the bottom. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

My impression is that good salesmen can suspend disbelief in their own lies. Insincere sincerity.

Reply to
Roger Hayter

Acoustically isolating record decks used to make a real difference. The pickup tended to act a bit like a microphone otherwise.

The best demo I ever saw was when one of the guys who designed the 3G auction that nearly bankrupt the mobile phone companies ran an auction for a £1 coin with an audience of mostly testosterone fuelled traders. It was on an economics in business course.

I stopped bidding at 99p. He sold it for £2.50 after a bidding war developed.

It was just an ordinary £1 coin (the old brassy ones).

Reply to
Martin Brown

No I think its more veblen pricing

Reply to
fred

I did. It took about 2 seconds. Can you guess my conclusions?

Reply to
R Souls