For the man who buys Russ Andrews Hifi components

The Natural Philosopher

In message <spc5vu$sic$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, The Natural Philosopher snipped-for-privacy@invalid.invalid writes

What a bugger! They don't have any left in my size.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

What is interesting is that they make no claim that there is any metallic gold in the product. The product details refer only to it being made of cotton/polyester/wool/acrylic. All that glisters truly is not gold!

Caveat emptor...

Reply to
Jeff Layman

class

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

This is a d-i-y group....

Chris Hogg

do you have to be a toffee nosed git like the model?.....I think so at £2700 ......I could but thousands out of a thrift shop for that

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Well indeed. Polyester and acryclic are not components of anything I would consider 'top class'...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm not sure there is. It's a lined dressing gown, decorated with gold-coloured pictures of leaves. It's not lined with gold leaf (it's lined with viscose), and 'gold leaf' is different from 'gold leaves'.

So just tailoring at Jermyn St prices. Their school uniform price list is a bit higher than Asda Smartprice:

(although I do wonder what the 70p disposable ties are used for...)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

Bugger - they have run of of stock for my size.

Reply to
alan_m

And why socks are sold in a pack of 3 ;)

Reply to
Steve Walker

Fools and their money....

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield, Esq.

Two feet and a willy-warmer?

Reply to
NY

What is that so you can walk around and detect the static you are generating? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

That did cross my mind. Or maybe a spare for when the sock-monster that lives in the washing machine demands another sacrifice.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Chemistry practical lessons? Or maybe some Eton version of "soggy biscuit"?

Reply to
Andy Burns

The man who buys Russ Andrews products has:

- something plugged into a socket in the attic that improves the sound of the hi-fi system downstairs

- little oak feet underneath everything, preferably in threes observing the Golden Ratio

- connecting wires costing a total of £3,600

- a subscription to Russ Andrews magazine dating back 30 years which somehow can never be cancelled

Reply to
Eusebius

What he does not have:

- a brain

- a sense of what is plausible and what is bullshit

Reply to
NY

Never heard of him.

Reply to
Tim Streater

He is someone who will sell you a single 13A fuse for a UK mains plug for £65. Silver plated ends, "burnt in" and have microscopically thin coating of snake oil to improve your Hi-Fi experience.

Can be fitted to his £2k mains cable

alan_m

Like Sarah Beeneys new dining room decor :-)

Reply to
Andrew