For the man who buys Russ Andrews Hifi components

Coated with silver particles I could understand because that has biocidal properties

Reply to
Andrew

is an overpaid public servant that we should be notified about (overpaying)...

There have got to be "celebrities" on their mailing list.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

There used to be many paper catalogues with some odd devices and items in them. Quite obviously many of them were of no use whatsoever, and yet others war mere novelties.

I seem to recall cuddly radios in the shape of animals with fur, which were some cheap medium wave radio module and a pp3 battery. Then there was the digital tv aerial for indoor use. A cheap bit of bent rod on a base with a very cheap battery operated amplifier attached. They never worked. Screwdriver sets immaculately finished in gold. All the handles fell off after a few months and the blades were soft. The gold appeared to be some kind of shiny paint. I could go one but one needs to be careful at this time of year as there seems to be a tendency to dump any old tat on the public for last minute Christmas presents

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa