OT: iPod and sync to wrong account

Ok, mother has an iPod, son has an iPod. Mother loses hers and buys new one, and does whatever is necessary to get her music on it. I don't have an iPod or indeed an i-anything so have no idea how or what was done but she now has all her son's stuff on her iPod.

In other words, her new iPod has sync'd with her son's iTunes account instead of her own iTunes account - I think. How do we get round this and get her own account back on her iPod?

TIA

Reply to
Dave

De-register it from the son's account in iTunes, then log in as her and re-register it IIRC.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

Thanks Chris, I'll pass it on.

Reply to
Dave

It was much easier when the manufacturer trusted people to know what folders and files were and allowed one to just copy what you wanted from one place to another. Now its steeped in mystery and DRM.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

The only i.xxxx I have is BBC iPlayer. I don't need any of the others. But I still have a Sony Walkman! It uses Compact Cassettes, if anyone remembers them, and has FM and AM radio.

Reply to
Davey

FWIW iTunes got rid of DRM for music long ago.

Apple's products are designed for the technically naive as well as more clued up, and one of the requirements of the all controlling system is that a users extensive (and expensive) purchased media collection must not be lost if the portable device is stolen, corrupted or lost. If users had direct R/W access to the device (and it is possible), chances are that their ONLY copy of what they hold dear would be on it.

What killed these intentions is iTunes is more commonly implemented on Windows PCs than Apple hardware, and those users are more likely to have their machines trashed by bad installs and malware, and be ignorant of data backup methods (even that built into iTunes)

So eventually we have the situation that the iToy does end up as the sole storer of the media, and the user is requiring that the replication method can be made to work somehow backwards to repopulate iTunes.

So not fit for purpose on a PC. Sadly Apple knows that, and uses it to snare users into their world, leaving out Linux which if it could do iTunes would.... (cont. p94)

Reply to
Adrian C