OT: how muc span is in UK.d-i-y?

Often 30-50 messages are downloaded by Tbird and instantly deleted by my kill file. I am curious as to who or what all those messages are?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Trollfests…I suggest you leave your curiosity undated…

Reply to
Spike

…unsated…
Reply to
Spike

Hey, it made as much sense as TNP’s subject line.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

hands not obeying brain today. Cold probably.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That's the idea of the killfile - you'll never know!

Over in uk.politics.misc, it's impossible to get any sense out of the group without a MASSIVE killfile.

Most days, there are between zero and two legitimate posts there.

What's in the others?

Who cares?

Reply to
JNugent

Since google's switch off day ... zero.

Reply to
Andy Burns

TB's message filter lets you enable a log setting (you need to expand the window to see it)

Reply to
Andy Burns

If you look in your filters dialog, you can click the Filter Log button. That will show which filter matched which post.

Number 1 entry on mine is this colossal waste of space:

"Applied filter "Killfile" to message from Peeler snipped-for-privacy@valid.invalid"

Reply to
John Rumm

+1
Reply to
Harry Bloomfield Esq

Ah , The intrepid spudulike. I had no idea he/she/it still posted.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher