OT: Happy Christmas

Last Monday, I placed an order online with Waitrose for 6 bottles of champagne and a bottle of sherry, to be delivered. On Tuesday, they sent me a note of dispatch, and gave an order number, linked to Yodel, for tracking it. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Yodel website had no news. Friday, I contacted Waitrose, who replied on Saturday that it appeared to have got lost in transit, and they would be sending out a replacement a.s.a.p. They apologised profusely.

Somebody is having a good Christmas!

Reply to
Davey

It would take more than six bottles of champagne and one of sherry for me to have a really good Xmas

Reply to
newshound

We added some bottles of booze to a recent Asda order. They turned up with the security caps still on them. "I'll have to take them back to the store to have them removed" was the drivers comment. He never has come back with them!

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

I have visions of drunken delivery drivers in jail after consuming the contents of booze they are supposed to be delivering, unless the trade of highway man or woman has come back into vogue? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff